Dubai Pet Show

Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Pet Show

always refused to take my kids to global village after being on site and seeing the geniuses erecting stuff
Old Jan 29th 2013, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sandboy
always refused to take my kids to global village after being on site and seeing the geniuses erecting stuff
After reading this thread and as a big animal lover, We would refuse to take our kids there too. We have two cats that rule the roost here and drive us nuts most days, but we wouldn't have them any other way! We also have our little 'Hufflepuff' who is the huffiest and most spoilt but cutest pygmy hedgehog ever!
Our home wouldn't be the the same without our pets
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fluffymoo
After reading this thread and as a big animal lover, We would refuse to take our kids there too. We have two cats that rule the roost here and drive us nuts most days, but we wouldn't have them any other way! We also have our little 'Hufflepuff' who is the huffiest and most spoilt but cutest pygmy hedgehog ever!
Our home wouldn't be the the same without our pets
Where on earth did you get a pygmy hedgehog? Any cute photos you can share?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
But you could say that about most construction projects here, surely?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
They wanna act/show how tough they are, not to mention intimidate others, especially expats. Bunch of pathetic shits, you get the same sort of characters in the US, some gangbangers and or criminal types love to have pet Pit Bulls, Rotts, Dobermans .
My buddy was a professional working dog supplier/trainer for Law Enforcement and security; Rottweiler, German Sheperds, Alsatians.

Buddy was 6' 2" , which helped in showing these powerful dogs who is boss, which according to him you have to do otherwise it can be dangerous for both the dog and others. These dogs are quite good at sensing if the owner is too weak (not necessarily physically) , so one has to train them to understand who is master.
I have a Doberman and I am only 5'4" and my dog is very well trained, by me, and knows exactly who is the pack leader, this was all done with firm but kind training.
I do agree that people need to know how to control and train these dogs because if they sense any weakness they will take control
I have always owned large dogs, including a Rhodesian Ridgeback...now those are stubborn dogs!!!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
But you could say that about most construction projects here, surely?
yes, I stopped taking my kids to construction sites quite a while ago
Old Jan 30th 2013, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The teaching of the Pious Bearded Ones is that pets are sinful. They might be right. The Prophet liked cats but the argument is that they keep down the mice, so are OK.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The teaching of the Pious Bearded Ones is that pets are sinful. They might be right. The Prophet liked cats but the argument is that they keep down the mice, so are OK.
Dogs are viewed as unclean in Islam, but I have read that there is a story in the Quran about not being cruel to a dog.

Unless someone has alergies or phobias of animals, there's something dodgy about people who don't like pets.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is a Sunna (related tradition) rather trhan in the Koran. It is related that the prophet said of a woman offering drinking water to a thirsty dog that God wouild forgive her all her sins for that action.

Saw a programme about exoortic pets on TV this week. Something dodgy about people who want to have marmosets or alligators as pets !
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Dogs are viewed as unclean in Islam, but I have read that there is a story in the Quran about not being cruel to a dog.

Unless someone has alergies or phobias of animals, there's something dodgy about people who don't like pets.
http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/...8P1159%29.html
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
What I was thinkin of when I typed that was, it is viewed as unclean in cutural Islam. Although not all Islamic cultures but there certainly is an overlapping of Islamic cultures and viewin dogs as unclean.

Seems the show has banned certain breeds .

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/so...show-1.1140403

Last edited by Boomhauer; Feb 1st 2013 at 10:30 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Good luck with their protest..don't they know that it is illegal to demonstrate in the UAE.
I don't have a problem with the banning of the dogs, even though my dobbie is a gentle giant, there are bad owners out there who can't or won't control their dogs.