Dubai Opera

Old Dec 5th 2016, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Opera

Anyone been to the Dubai Opera? And if so, how was it?
Am thinking of going to check out The Nutcracker....I've seen shows in the West End and on Broadway....but never been to an opera theatre.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:47 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Opera

I went to Les Mis at the Opera this past weekend. It was awesome and up to the standard of most theaters that I have been to around the world.

Eat before you go, as there is a very limited selection of food and beverage and you are not allowed to take food or drink inside the theatre itself.

Overall experience was very positive and the exact opposite of the cinemas here. No phones ringing, no chatting etc. Amazing acoustics.

You'll enjoy it.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point

BBC Proms are coming to Dubai in March
Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
I went to Les Mis at the Opera this past weekend. It was awesome and up to the standard of most theaters that I have been to around the world.

Eat before you go, as there is a very limited selection of food and beverage and you are not allowed to take food or drink inside the theatre itself.

Overall experience was very positive and the exact opposite of the cinemas here. No phones ringing, no chatting etc. Amazing acoustics.

You'll enjoy it.
Thanks SHED
Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eastrunner
BBC Proms are coming to Dubai in March
yeahh...errr not sure if that is really my thing
Old Dec 5th 2016, 12:12 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
Anyone been to the Dubai Opera? And if so, how was it?
Am thinking of going to check out The Nutcracker....I've seen shows in the West End and on Broadway....but never been to an opera theatre.
You realise it is The Nutcracker on Ice so not the proper ballet?

It's a superb theatre with fab acoustics.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 2:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Really wanted to see Les Mis but never got to it and the Mrs wasn't fussed.

She has however asked to see West Side Helmet so we'll go to that in Feb which will always be an acceptable show to enjoy.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
You realise it is The Nutcracker on Ice so not the proper ballet?

It's a superb theatre with fab acoustics.
yeah, thanks MEOW....mate's got a couple of last minute royal circle premium tickets and so we are off tomorrow night. I've always wanted to see the Nutcracker.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 9:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well that de-escalated quickly. From opera to skating in one page.
Old Dec 7th 2016, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

is there free public parking?
Old Dec 7th 2016, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

I'm sure there is but not sure where - the valet parking at the door is AED 100
Old Dec 7th 2016, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

There's public parking underground around the Opera. Most people don't know about them. But they're free.

is there free public parking?
Old Dec 7th 2016, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, thanks MEOW....mate's got a couple of last minute royal circle premium tickets and so we are off tomorrow night. I've always wanted to see the Nutcracker.
The Nutcracker is a magical experience. My youngest has performed in our State Ballet Company's Nutcracker production for the last three years and it's a highlight of our festive season, she's not doing it this year. Here's a little clip from last year.

https://www.facebook.com/QldBallet/v...4852787096414/

Last edited by Kim67; Dec 7th 2016 at 10:20 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 4:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Mogs
I'm sure there is but not sure where - the valet parking at the door is AED 100
My god. The end of show chaos. I can picture it now.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
My god. The end of show chaos. I can picture it now.
to be fair to them, when we came out from Les Mis, they had it pretty well organised - waited less time than you would normally at a hotel valet (but for 100 AED they really should make the extra effort)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.