Dubai is finished...

Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:28 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai is finished...

Ok, he has gazelles and giraffes... but no pictures of battered pickup trucks with scruffy looking men carrying AK47s fighting over the ruins of what is left... which is generally how these places end up
Old Jun 19th 2012, 10:34 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Been thinking about these images for a while... they're *nice* I think.

*nice* as in interesting or quirky. not nice as in particularly talented or amazing. which is a shame as they seem to have won lots of awards... ffs.

ps - photoshop skills ≠ photo skills

pps I hate these shots with the animals - the shots themselves are fine....
Old Jun 19th 2012, 10:58 pm
Banned

desert_dwellers is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to figure out what kind of weed he was smoking when he conjured up those pictures in his mind, it must be one hell of a coktail
Old Jun 19th 2012, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

*nice* as in interesting or quirky. not nice as in particularly talented or amazing. which is a shame as they seem to have won lots of awards... ffs.

Theres no effort in them, all he did was insert some animals. The ruins, if they were his creation, deserve credit but they could just be real life.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

+1
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The ruins, if they were his creation, deserve credit but they could just be real life.
the ruins are responsible for a lot of credit unfortunately
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sandboy
the ruins are responsible for a lot of credit unfortunately
Downright jealousy .... you can smell it
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I'd say you're being over-generous. There's almost no "bite" in any of them. Insipid is the word I'd use. And as for the animal shots: I had to search most times to actually see the animals, which surely wasn't (or shouldn't have been) the intention. Almost every photo on your Daily Photo Blog is miles better.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Almost every photo on your Daily Photo Blog is miles better.
Brown-noser!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Indeed, Dubai is finished! I gave my prophecy back in 2003 when 'Freehold' meant '****-All!'

Give it a few years and the Tumbleweed will be rolling down Sheik Zayed Road!

Sorry I meant to add, that we all have a good 'Fire' to look forward to soon!

Last edited by jackthehat; Jun 20th 2012 at 11:10 am. Reason: Last Para
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desert_dwellers
Downright jealousy .... you can smell it
jealous of who or what exactly ?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:41 pm
Banned

jealous of who or what exactly ?
What I understood from your post is that some people got all excited about those pictures because of the images of ruin and destruction. If that is the case do you have another explanation to this mentality?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:35 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Brown-noser!
Take a look and let us know what you think.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by desert_dwellers
What I understood from your post is that some people got all excited about those pictures because of the images of ruin and destruction. If that is the case do you have another explanation to this mentality?
who on earth can get excited by images of ruin ? I said the ruins were responsible for a lot of credit... I meant an awful lot of poor bastards took out a lot of credit and if they're lucky they have ruins, a lot have nothing and no system in place to deal with it. A lot of businesses suffered too, including mine, we are still owed millions and have zero recourse, the only jealousy I have is for those who got paid
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

who on earth can get excited by images of ruin ? I said the ruins were responsible for a lot of credit... I meant an awful lot of poor bastards took out a lot of credit and if they're lucky they have ruins, a lot have nothing and no system in place to deal with it. A lot of businesses suffered too, including mine, we are still owed millions and have zero recourse, the only jealousy I have is for those who got paid
+ 1