Dubai Do's

Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Dubai Do's

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i don't think you'd just go out to al maha for a meal/day trip though...and why bother with bab al shambles if they are staying at the one and only...

as others have said, desert safari is a must...the big bus tour is good, plus dubai museum and take an abra across the creek, there is an abra tour as well which is a nice way of spending an hour, atlantis/wild wadi...as for restaurants, there are millions of good ones, give us a clue what sort of food they fancy and we can give some suggestions...

MM, xx
Food wise anything goes really
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Party Pete at Jebel Ali Club on a Friday night after ramadan. Like a trip back in time to the 60's the 1860's. Great fun but not how Dubai is pitched at the world.

Mike
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

PANORAMA HOTEL, JOCKEYS BAR, plenty chinese artifacts and african antiques in there and the odd russian vase !!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

try the BLUE ELEPHANT at the AL BUSTAN ROTANA ,great value,good reputation and some good deals most nights of the week,pretty good thai food for the price.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ethos83
You can skip the Dubai museum
on the contrary, our visitors have always really enjoyed it... gives them a sense of Dubai's history that you don't really get anywhere else...
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

My visitors have always enjoyed The Madinat, the souk and the numerous bars & restaurants. It is pastiche, but pretty well done.

Dubai Mall shouls be visitied, at least briefly, with a walk around the fountain and a trip into Souk al Bahar which has several good restaurants. I think visitors will enjoy a meal on the terrace at either Rivington Grill or Mango Tree.

Big Bus tours are worth doing. Perhaps a boat tour from the Marina? (Captain Jacks is reasonable)

Gold & Diamond Park if anyone likes speakly things and they have their own small museum.

-
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
on the contrary, our visitors have always really enjoyed it... gives them a sense of Dubai's history that you don't really get anywhere else...
yeah, i agree which is why i'd suggested it...it's quite well done i think...

MM, xx
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

But outdated, no? the history video doesn't even get to the development of Sheikh Zayed.

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, i agree which is why i'd suggested it...it's quite well done i think...

MM, xx