Dubai Bars/Areas

Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Bars/Areas

OK lets get our thinking caps on for the following;

1. Best Value bars

2. Best Sports Bar

3. Best all round Bar

4. Best Bar with extra`s provided (you all know what I mean)

5. Which area is the best for bars (Marina, Bur Dubai, Deira etc)

Here is mine;
1. George & Dragon in the Ambassador Hotel 21AED for a pint
2. George & Dragon
3. George & Dragon
4. Jockey`s
5. Bur Dubai
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dubai Bars/Areas

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile

1. Best Value bars

2. Best Sports Bar

3. Best all round Bar

Here is mine;
2. George & Dragon
3. George & Dragon
4. Jockey`s
5. Bur Dubai
4. Jockey's? I thought the Y**k International would have been more up your street if that's what you were inclined towards? Haven't you read the scathing reviews online.......
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
4. Jockey's? I thought the Y**k International would have been more up your street if that's what you were inclined towards? Haven't you read the scathing reviews online.......
Man of taste and standards (bad taste and low standards), anyone remember Cyclone???
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

If you thought the hookers in Jockeys were plain, you should see the fat ugly feckers at the Astoria Hotel. Eew.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, if beauty is skin deep some of the ladies in Astoria are inside out!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So your definition of a 'good' bar is cheap and tacky with lots of hookers?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
So your definition of a 'good' bar is cheap and tacky with lots of hookers?
No I did not say that, it was in one of the 5 categories, but I do not mind tacky bars with lots of hookers!!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile

1. Best Value bars

2. Best Sports Bar

3. Best all round Bar

Here is mine;
2. George & Dragon
3. George & Dragon
4. Jockey`s
5. Bur Dubai
haven't been to the George & Dragon in 15 years, you need to get out more though
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

1. Best Value bars - Girders

2. Best Sports Bar - Goodfellas (Bur Dubai)

3. Best all round Bar - Tricky. Unlike the UK I have never had a favorite bar over here.

4. Best Bar with extra`s provided (you all know what I mean) - For entertainments sake this has to be Sea View or the random African bar on Bank St (can't remember the name

5. Which area is the best for bars (Marina, Bur Dubai, Deira etc) - Wanky bars - Marina & Normal bars - Bur Dubai
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

The best thing about Jockeys is it reminds you of a Smiths pub back home with its decor and lack of music. Unfortunately, when you're been molested by some cut-price hooker before you reach the bar to present your drinks ticket, it's pretty hard to enjoy the decor after that, whilst looking down at ample fleshy racks, puppy dog eyes and nicotine stained teeth.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:09 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mentalist
If you thought the hookers in Jockeys were plain, you should see the fat ugly feckers at the Astoria Hotel. Eew.
I would have to concur TGITs is worse than dog rough. Jockeys has a great group of regulars. Especially when I'm there lol

Anyway, best vale has to be girders in happy hour, McEwans piss is 11 a pint.
Sports bar, I don't think you can beat Goodfellas.
Best all round bar? Can't think of any round bars sorry.
Jockeys and Marine club for the extras you mention - great band in Marine Club at Seaview hotel too.
Best area I would have to agree and say Bur Dubai. Normal people, not poncy, good bang for your buck. So to speak.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:12 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Beakersful
The best thing about Jockeys is it reminds you of a Smiths pub back home with its decor and lack of music. Unfortunately, when you're been molested by some cut-price hooker before you reach the bar to present your drinks ticket, it's pretty hard to enjoy the decor after that, whilst looking down at ample fleshy racks, puppy dog eyes and nicotine stained teeth.
You pay to get in? Surely not.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:12 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by jam25mack
1. Best Value bars - Girders

2. Best Sports Bar - Goodfellas (Bur Dubai)

3. Best all round Bar - Tricky. Unlike the UK I have never had a favorite bar over here.

4. Best Bar with extra`s provided (you all know what I mean) - For entertainments sake this has to be Sea View or the random African bar on Bank St (can't remember the name

5. Which area is the best for bars (Marina, Bur Dubai, Deira etc) - Wanky bars - Marina & Normal bars - Bur Dubai
Freaky, do I have a twin?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Freaky, do I have a twin?
Ha ha, it certainly seems that way!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I would have to concur TGITs is worse than dog rough. Jockeys has a great group of regulars. Especially when I'm there lol

Anyway, best vale has to be girders in happy hour, McEwans piss is 11 a pint.
Sports bar, I don't think you can beat Goodfellas. A bit too footy-centric for my liking - Nez at Al Manzil better for rugby, with footy still available. Bridges at the Fairmont hugely improved - they also do requests (if it's quiet in there, and you want the European Ladies Volleyball championship, they happily switch channels for you)
Best all round bar? Can't think of any round bars sorry. Long's Bar is a sort of elongated oval
Jockeys and Marine club for the extras you mention - great band in Marine Club at Seaview hotel too.
Best area I would have to agree and say Bur Dubai. Normal people, not poncy, good bang for your buck. So to speak.

Last edited by The Dean; Aug 12th 2013 at 1:21 pm. Reason: ........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.