Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dubai 'adultery' mum's agony

Dubai 'adultery' mum's agony

Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: Dubai 'adultery' mum's agony

The prob is norm is that Arab guys in general are real charmers. He prob was not a practicing muslim when they met, and she was charmed and fell in love and he told her he wasn't into religion and that he would never take a 2nd wife, bla bla bla. The truth is that non practicing Muslims do tend to revert back to their religion when they have kids or when they get into their late 30's or 40's and thats when the problems start.....
You beat me to it! That's what I was going to post.
It's easy to say "why marry a Muslim" but in reality a lot of western women are charmed by the attention they get from these guys who appear to be real gentlemen compared to their UK counterparts. And why shouldn't they believe these guys if they say they would never take a 2nd wife etc etc. Us married folk all believed our other halves when they say they will love us, honour us, whatever, til death do us part.....
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:09 am
W10

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
this case has been in the public eye for some time, that video was absolutely awful. Like all situations there are two sides to every story. Let's hope she gets through this and gets access to her kids at the end of it.
It is a sad video, and was tough to watch.

I'll probably get flamed for this - but part of me thought - 'why would you want your last memory of your kids of you to be that...why would you want to make it even harder for them, put them through the trauma'

I know it would be very difficult to be dignified in such a situation, but filming it all and releasing it to a tabloid! was in pretty bad taste.

Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
It is a sad video, and was tough to watch.

I'll probably get flamed for this - but part of me thought - 'why would you want your last memory of your kids of you to be that...why would you want to make it even harder for them, put them through the trauma'

I know it would be very difficult to be dignified in such a situation, but filming it all and releasing it to a tabloid! was in pretty bad taste.
you said it W10! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to voice this opinion. I agree with you 100% - she is making money out of these kids, there is no other way to look at it. Her story has been in practically every National paper in the UK and she is still appealing for money via other websites now. Where are her family during all of this? This case has been on going for some time now, during that entire time the Father has had contact with his children and has paid for their education and provided a roof over their head. She decided to leave her home when he found out she had another man in her life. Trust me there is a lot more to this case that hasn't made it into the papers or onto any forums etc.

She shouldn't be in jail though.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Without starting some mass debate i would like to know what Beard Man's view is ???? I sincerly would like to know a local's point of view BUT without the whole ' you live in sin etc etc.... ' do you feel for her or does she deserve it ?

Dubai treads a fine line everyday between East / western culture, it must be very hard but storys like this damage Dubai's image & lets be honest, globally Dubai's image is not great at the momment & Dubai needs us expats to survive, this wouldnt make me go home but it may make others think twice about moving here.
Well, BM is banned so he won't be able to...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MataHari
Is he are you sure ???? Ok any other locals....
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:28 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Is he are you sure ???? Ok any other locals....
his karma boxes have gone...might be a temporary ban though...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think many will miss him
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:31 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I don't think many will miss him
his thread always had loads of replies and views, so I guess there was some sort of interest in him...otherwise things would have bled to death a long time ago...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
You beat me to it! That's what I was going to post.
It's easy to say "why marry a Muslim" but in reality a lot of western women are charmed by the attention they get from these guys who appear to be real gentlemen compared to their UK counterparts. And why shouldn't they believe these guys if they say they would never take a 2nd wife etc etc. Us married folk all believed our other halves when they say they will love us, honour us, whatever, til death do us part.....
I know 3 women who married arab muslims, and all three are now happily divorced

Amen!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:39 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by annacarna

Amen!
lol...I know 3 women who married Western men...and are all 3 now happily divorced...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Amen!
There's enough 'cultural differences' between me and my other half and we come from homes only 100 miles apart! I can't imagine what it'd be like being married to someone from a completely different background to my own.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

lol...I know 3 women who married Western men...and are all 3 now happily divorced...
Only 3?

In all seriousness, a lot of Muslim/Arab Marriages have a lot of difficulties, 2nd wife one comes into play alot!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

his karma boxes have gone
What do you mean MH? They're still there on his profile.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:46 am
hmmmm...nice

Only 3?

In all seriousness, a lot of Muslim/Arab Marriages have a lot of difficulties, 2nd wife one comes into play alot!
well...maybe more...and in all cases there was 'another woman' involved at some point...so it's not something exclusively to do with Muslim/Arab men it seems...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Dubai 'adultery' mum's agony

a lot of Marriages have a lot of difficulties
EFA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.