Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dubai, Abu Dhabi Fall On List Of Most Expensive Cities -Survey

Dubai, Abu Dhabi Fall On List Of Most Expensive Cities -Survey

Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:33 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai, Abu Dhabi Fall On List Of Most Expensive Cities -Survey

Originally Posted by admon
I eat whatever I want big boy
lol not saying you dont, but as for quality etc your post above was nonsense
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:34 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I eat whatever I want big boy
basically, anyone who buys all their food from choitrams or spinneys is an idiot.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:34 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
it was pure horseshit.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
basically, anyone who buys all their food from choitrams or spinneys is an idiot.
Good that you think a lot of people here are idiots just for buying food at Spinneys or Choitrams.

How very objective an arguement...

Of course you are right, as you have lived here years.. no sorry months..
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
no boycee it was laced with facts rather than nothing, which is what both yours and spugsys posts contained..
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:45 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Good that you think a lot of people here are idiots just for buying food at Spinneys or Choitrams.

How very objective an arguement...

Of course you are right, as you have lived here years.. no sorry months..
we go to spinneys 2 or 3 times a week, but they sell the same 'branded' stuff you get back home, heinz etc etc for about 25% more, the fruit and veg is miles more and quite often not that good, so we get loads of stuff as it's nearby, I guess if you are happy to spend loads more on your shops for the same stuff you can get cheaper - then yeah, you're an idiot, and it doesn't matter how long I've been here, I've been to all the shops so I know what I'm talking about.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:47 pm
why ayeeeee man!

no boycee it was laced with facts rather than nothing, which is what both yours and spugsys posts contained..
What we said were constructive arguements based on our opinions and what we know and have seen in other shops, what your post consisted of was nothing more than patronising bollocks.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

we go to spinneys 2 or 3 times a week, but they sell the same 'branded' stuff you get back home, heinz etc etc for about 25% more, the fruit and veg is miles more and quite often not that good, so we get loads of stuff as it's nearby, I guess if you are happy to spend loads more on your shops for the same stuff you can get cheaper - then yeah, you're an idiot, and it doesn't matter how long I've been here, I've been to all the shops so I know what I'm talking about.
and I have been here four years and obviously haven't been anywhere..

why insult people that make a choice different to your own?

Because that is what it is - and not connected to the original point in question.

There was nothing constructive in your statements whatsoever. You just seem upset that someone doesn't agree with you.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:54 pm
why ayeeeee man!

and I have been here four years and obviously haven't been anywhere..

why insult people that make a choice different to your own?

Because that is what it is - and not connected to the original point in question.

There was nothing constructive in your statements whatsoever. You just seem upset that someone doesn't agree with you.
I'm not upset in the slighest mate, but the 'good luck to people who buy cheap' thing was patronising and pathetic.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm not upset in the slighest mate, but the 'good luck to people who buy cheap' thing was patronising and pathetic.
Not at all..
In my opinion (and a lot of others), a policy of buying cheap is more often than not a false economy.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Not at all..
In my opinion (and a lot of others), a policy of buying cheap is more often than not a false economy.
even when its the same brands you buy at spinneys?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

even when its the same brands you buy at spinneys?
spugs ive been to hyper panda on various occasions since it opened - I live very near to it, so its almost unavoidable.

On all the times I have been there, apart from a few bits, the lack of branded goods there is apparent (I popped in to get some veg at the weekend and usually have a quick look down the aisles).

So I find it difficult to see how like for like can be compared - as most of the branded food goods are just not there.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:14 pm
why ayeeeee man!

spugs ive been to hyper panda on various occasions since it opened - I live very near to it, so its almost unavoidable.

On all the times I have been there, apart from a few bits, the lack of branded goods there is apparent (I popped in to get some veg at the weekend and usually have a quick look down the aisles).

So I find it difficult to see how like for like can be compared - as most of the branded food goods are just not there.
ok well I but soups, beans, pasta sauces etc from there, the same ones you get at spinneys. But forget it ok? this has been going on too long for a daft arguement,

now I need some top quality sausages for a toad in the hole, spinneys is usually pretty good, unless you can direct me somewhere better?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear, i liked you until now...

MM, xx
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:20 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh dear, i liked you until now...

MM, xx
ok maybe it's going a bit far, and it is very handy, but we used to do that and spent at least 25% more on our monthly food bills.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.