British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dry Night (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dry-night-695858/)

Meow Dec 4th 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Dry Night

I'm somewhat bemused why being unable to go out and drink alcohol on one Monday night is such a problem.

Blue Cat Dec 4th 2010 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9022179)
I'm somewhat bemused why being unable to go out and drink alcohol on one Monday night is such a problem.

it's the only night rehab is shut ...

kittycat1 Dec 4th 2010 11:22 pm

Meow-

As my mate is here and shes only here for two nights! :( tomorrow was going to be our big night out! sigh

MataHari Dec 4th 2010 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9022179)

I think the discussion is more about whether or not new year is religious? Don't think anyone, apart from Kittykat who has a friend over and planned a night out and therefore it can be a bit disappointing having to cancel, is having a problem with not drinking (in public) for one night...

Meow Dec 4th 2010 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 9022198)
I think the discussion is more about whether or not new year is religious? Don't think anyone, apart from Kittykat who has a friend over and planned a night out and therefore it can be a bit disappointing having to cancel, is having a problem with not drinking (in public) for one night...

I think you need to move your bed MH. Seems you are getting out of the wrong side every time you post on here...
;)

Meow Dec 4th 2010 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9022196)
Meow-

As my mate is here and shes only here for two nights! :( tomorrow was going to be our big night out! sigh

That's rotten timing, but Islamic New Year is always dry and is in the calendar. You'll just have to have the 'big night' tonight & do something else tomorrow (and/or drink at home). Two days isn't long to spend in Dubai, catching up. :(

Blue Cat Dec 4th 2010 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9022196)
Meow-

go on a shopping binge instead, next best thing for a girlie experience!

MataHari Dec 4th 2010 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9022201)
I think you need to move your bed MH. Seems you are getting out of the wrong side every time you post on here...
;)

oh ok...here we go again...

read the thread, no one is moaning about not being able to drink or are they, unless I am not reading things properly?

but hey, whatever Meow...you're right, I am wrong.

Merry Xmas...

Madam Medusa Dec 4th 2010 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 9022209)
Merry Xmas...

now that is a religious holiday (for many of us) but not dry, thank god, lol...

MM, xx

kittycat1 Dec 4th 2010 11:46 pm

Right we are going out tonight which was going to be our catch up night - chatting over dinner etc, so instead we'll go paint the town red tonight and tom girlie night in with my friend Mr Clicquot!

Wheres good on a Sunday?

lionheart Dec 4th 2010 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9022228)
Right we are going out tonight which was going to be our catch up night - chatting over dinner etc, so instead we'll go paint the town red tonight and tom girlie night in with my friend Mr Clicquot!
Wheres good on a Sunday?

Should we know this Mr. Clicquot character?;)

kittycat1 Dec 4th 2010 11:52 pm

I'm sure the ladies on here already do Lionheart- you- not so much ;)

ctfc Dec 5th 2010 4:47 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9022234)
I'm sure the ladies on here already do Lionheart- you- not so much ;)

"Veuve" means "widow" so it's Mrs Clicquot. Mr Clicquot (being clearly dead) would not really be good company.

MacScot Dec 5th 2010 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 9022609)
"Veuve" means "widow" so it's Mrs Clicquot. Mr Clicquot (being clearly dead) would not really be good company.

..or Madame Clicquot if you want to be more pedantic. :sneaky:

ctfc Dec 5th 2010 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 9023946)
..or Madame Clicquot if you want to be more pedantic. :sneaky:

Surely Veuve Clicquot is more precise than merely Madame if you're going to insist on pedantry. But it is still Mrs Clicquot in English (only Mrs Twankey is addressed as 'Widow').