Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

drinks, friday 13 march...

drinks, friday 13 march...

Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:17 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: drinks, friday 13 march...

Originally Posted by Roadking
Wot, cause Her Majesty has me at her pleasure, I'm a wuss. Just don't drop yer soap or you'll learn what sort of wuss I really am.
Yeah, yeah, yeah......another one who is all mouth !
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:19 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Probably it's what you said...some BEs are shy and don't know if they could easily fit in with an in-group who all know each other so well ("the same people who come along") by their real names and not BE nicknames.
So you're telling me that those 'shy' people never go out of their house, never go to a new job, never go to a new place, and meet people, all of whom know one another already ??
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:25 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
So you're telling me that those 'shy' people never go out of their house, never go to a new job, never go to a new place, and meet people, all of whom know one another already ??
No...but in your own words why do you think people "shy away" from going to organised BE nights' out ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:29 am
Hammer for Life

No...but in your own words why do you think people "shy away" from going to organised BE nights' out ?
Read the first sentence of my origiunal post about this, thats what I think
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:34 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Please pay attention to the details people...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:37 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

As for myself, there was a birthday night out thread in the Sandpit (open to all ME BEs to read) so I asked a member of the Cloggies group (seeing most of them were going) if I could come along and the response was just a big NO !

Once bitten, twice shy...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai has had its day... As this night proves. To many BE's that are past their best and quite frankly the new school set their ideals and expectations a bit higher than a night out with a lot of married women and single men.

Abu dhabi is the new home of BE, so the next time a general BE night is mentioned, the assumtion will be that its Abu Dhabi unless Dubai is specifically mentioned.

Lime tree anyone...hohohoho
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:51 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by commander
Dubai has had its day... As this night proves. To many BE's that are past their best and quite frankly the new school set their ideals and expectations a bit higher than a night out with a lot of married women and single men.
Abu dhabi is the new home of BE, so the next time a general BE night is mentioned, the assumtion will be that its Abu Dhabi unless Dubai is specifically mentioned.

er, that isnt the case, and even if it was, I dont think the 'married women' or the 'single men' are going there to pull.....thats a bit of an unfair comment on those attending !!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:53 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

As for myself, there was a birthday night out thread in the Sandpit (open to all ME BEs to read) so I asked a member of the Cloggies group (seeing most of them were going) if I could come along and the response was just a big NO !

Once bitten, twice shy...

Aaaaaw, wasn't it more the way you interpreted it MacScot than how it really was.(ps I have no idea what you are referring to)
Birthday gatherings are a wee bit different and more precious.Mebbe the celebrating member was going to collect the bill and you were 16th on the list of 15 preferred attendees...........
x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:54 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

oh jeez, what a load of absolute crap bullshit...what does it matter if people are married or single...you either get along with someone or you don't...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:59 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Eva
Aaaaaw, wasn't it more the way you interpreted it MacScot than how it really was.(ps I have no idea what you are referring to)
Birthday gatherings are a wee bit different and more precious.Mebbe the celebrating member was going to collect the bill and you were 16th on the list of 15 preferred attendees...........
x
Naw...it was just a no...but I suspect they had booked a table for a set number of people...but they could have said that instead of just no !
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:00 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Naw...it was just a no...but I suspect they had booked a table for a set number of people...but they could have said that instead of just no !
nevermind...I didn't go either so it wouldn't have been fun for you anyway...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:02 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by MataHari
nevermind...I didn't go either so it wouldn't have been fun for you anyway...
Ah..that's makes me feel better
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:06 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Ah..that's makes me feel better

See....you shoulda moved on from that yonks ago if you had researched properly! Get the tarasmolata 'n retszinain,you are on the ding dong.
x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:06 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

BM I'm not inferring anything and apologise if it came across that way.

Historically though BE nights out though attract the following:

Married women (usual suspects) husbands not in toe
Married men (wifes back home)
Single men
The odd couple

True?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.