Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The drink that got you started.

The drink that got you started.

Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default Re: The drink that got you started.

Probably merrydown cider.

Then i progressed to thunderbird and 2 beers, then 3 beers, then however much i could afford. Then i went to secondary school......
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:08 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

The "Purple Nasty" at uni (Snakebite + vodka shot + blackcurrent cordial) looked absolutely disgusting if it ever came back up
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
The "Purple Nasty" at uni (Snakebite + vodka shot + blackcurrent cordial) looked absolutely disgusting if it ever came back up
Oh, Snakey B's - not had one for ages. brings back happy memories.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Fugative is an unknown quantity at this point

Gold label barley wine at 15, so strong only needed 1lol
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Aged 15 a pal and I raided his old man's homebrew shed to find out what all the fuss was about a new drink he was concocting called "Nassau Cider". It was awful, smelled of farts and within 20 seconds of drinking gave us heartburn.

Notwithstanding this we persevered and polished off 3 or 4 bottles waking up the next day with the hangover from hell and no recollection of the last 12 hours. It was only a good few years later when I fessed-up to his old man there was nothing exotic about his "Nassau Cider". WTF? he said "that stuff was the worse I ever made and was called 'NASA Cider' i.e. rocket fuel."
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:43 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

My very first drink was a snowball about aged 10 I was only allowed one After that it was "Blastaways" at 15, 1 bottle of Castaway with 1 bottle of Diamond white. Dont remeber how many I drunk but I know most of it came back up!

Once I got into pub's it was always cocktails or triples, I lived in a tourist town that gets invaded everyweekend with stag and hen partys and the drinks were so cheap I think I paid around 1.50 for cocktails and 1.70 for triples.

Never been able to drink beers can't stand the taste of them
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:39 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The drink that got you started.

Cider! I was a bit of a merchant of the stuff at school because I had access to most of the equipment and apples needed though my dad (quite what he thought we were doing with this utterly astonishing volume of apple juice I don’t know). It was horrible though (as was my fathers), if only I’d known about the Charmat process (which can give you a nice fizzy cider utilising a second fermentation) I could have really grown my customer base .