Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Down the Gym Then .....

Down the Gym Then .....

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:24 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Down the Gym Then .....

So I decided that I want to join a Gym and get fit.

Before you suggest it, I hate Fitness First (Couldn't think of anywhere worse) I want a smaller Gym that doesn't charge loads, not a massive place like that where everyone is packed in like sardines.

I was using my mates Gym on the palm but they have started with the swipe cards so can't get in anymore.

I don't need a big Gym, just cardio and free weights will do, plus I am a single male so couple only Gyms like Jebil Ali Club are not an option.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Bison
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:32 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Down the Gym Then .....

Originally Posted by Bison
So I decided that I want to join a Gym and get fit.

Before you suggest it, I hate Fitness First (Couldn't think of anywhere worse) I want a smaller Gym that doesn't charge loads, not a massive place like that where everyone is packed in like sardines.

I was using my mates Gym on the palm but they have started with the swipe cards so can't get in anymore.

I don't need a big Gym, just cardio and free weights will do, plus I am a single male so couple only Gyms like Jebil Ali Club are not an option.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Bison

where are you living again?
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

You could try Hayya - http://www.hayya.com . You dont have to be a member for the classes but not sure about for gym access. Prices for single and family membership are on the website and are in a couple of locations, The Lakes being one of them.

I started body pump classes a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:46 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Jebil Ali Gardens

You could try Hayya - http://www.hayya.com . You dont have to be a member for the classes but not sure about for gym access. Prices for single and family membership are on the website and are in a couple of locations, The Lakes being one of them.

I started body pump classes a couple of weeks ago.
Sounds good, only lists annual fees though, I want to pay monthly if possible?

Still seems a bit steep to me, something more basic would be ok.

Bison

Last edited by Bison; Jan 2nd 2009 at 4:49 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

I am in The Gardens aswell so The Lakes isnt too far away.

Will ask when I go to the gym on Monday if they do anything other than annual fee.

Didnt realise JAC was not doing singles membership anymore

Last edited by jebelaligardener; Jan 2nd 2009 at 5:03 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:29 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
I'm in Jebil Ali Gardens

Sounds good, only lists annual fees though, I want to pay monthly if possible?

Still seems a bit steep to me, something more basic would be ok.

Bison
Hayya's montly rate for singles is AED 442 if you take out 12 months or AED 507 if you take out 6 months
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:00 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Can of beans in each hand. knickers on and a shoe box....

Work it dude! 1,2 3, 4.....

Who needs Jim?
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:08 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back........!

Happy New Eve everyone.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
I'm back........!

Happy New Eve everyone.
Was the holiday season good for you???
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:11 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Confucius
Was the holiday season good for you???
Rocked and rolled mate. The world rocked and I rolled. Hic!

You?
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Rocked and rolled mate. The world rocked and I rolled. Hic!

You?
Jolly good...Had the time of my life...And now it's over...
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Jolly good...Had the time of my life...And now it's over...
Naah, New Year...New Fun! hehehehe
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Naah, New Year...New Fun! hehehehe
I read that it is a bad year for me...So I might throw myself off the balcony...
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:21 pm
If I have to explain...

I read that it is a bad year for me...So I might throw myself off the balcony...
No fun in that if you're on the ground floor.... unless there are some nice females below.

Great thing is, with Gym in the title; we're safe from MH, MM, MD, BC, SC an all the rest if the anti-men brigade...they will never look at this thread.

And if they do...it wos your fault....
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:21 pm
If I have to explain...

No fun in that if you're on the ground floor.... unless there are some nice females below.

Great thing is, with Gym in the title; we're safe from MH, MM, MD, BC, SC an all the rest if the anti-men brigade...they will never look at this thread.

And if they do...it wos your fault....
Oooh, and Eva.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.