Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

do you follow the local football where you live?

View Poll Results: Do you watch local football where you are now?
Yes i do and i enjoy supporting one team
30.00%
No I dont and i don't care about local football
60.00%
sometimes
0%
I don't think there is fooball that worth to watch
10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

do you follow the local football where you live?

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:55 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Cool do you follow the local football where you live?

Yes i do and i enjoy supporting one team
No I dont and i don't care about local football
sometimes
I don't think there is fooball that worth to watch
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: do you follow the local football where you live?

...yes but just the one team - gives it more focus
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:28 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear
...yes but just the one team - gives it more focus

do you mean you support more than one team

may i know what team you support?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beard Man
do you mean you support more than one team

may i know what team you support?
AAAAAAH - Where I live in UK actually! - sorry! (I'm just a guest here!)
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:21 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: do you follow the local football where you live?

I've always wondered why people find football so interesting, it's a very simple game played by simple people.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:40 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I've always wondered why people find football so interesting, it's a very simple game played by simple people.
that offside rule looks pretty complicated though...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:48 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I support a number of teams......

ENGLAND (Born and Bred)

LEEDS UNITED (The greatest team to grace this planet) We Are Leeds!!

GREECE/CYPRUS (Cos I am half Greek Cypriot)

FC FAMAGUSTA (My best Cypriot team)

CHELTENHAM TOWN (Where I live in the UK)

BROCKWORTH AFC (Local Village Team)

Obviously this now causes conflict with Leeds and Cheltenham being in the same league but I support Leeds when they play Cheltenham

Bison
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Charismatic

it is a nice game and the nice thing about it is that everyone can play it all it needs is just a ball. unlike other sports that needs special equipments or special place to play.

so tell me what other sports do you fancy
Banned

Originally Posted by MataHari
that offside rule looks pretty complicated though...

it is not complicated but it is hard to be correct all the time
Banned

Originally Posted by Bison
I support a number of teams......

ENGLAND (Born and Bred)

LEEDS UNITED (The greatest team to grace this planet) We Are Leeds!!

GREECE/CYPRUS (Cos I am half Greek Cypriot)

FC FAMAGUSTA (My best Cypriot team)

CHELTENHAM TOWN (Where I live in the UK)

BROCKWORTH AFC (Local Village Team)

Obviously this now causes conflict with Leeds and Cheltenham being in the same league but I support Leeds when they play Cheltenham

Bison

what about in the UAE
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I support 2 teams in the national game, and 2 teams in the international game.....

National Game : Aberdeen FC (Stand Free!!!) and ANYONE that plays against Glasgow Rankers....

International Game ; Scotland (Freedom!!!!) and ANYONE that plays against the great unwashed on our Southern border, Engurrrland....
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I support 2 teams in the national game, and 2 teams in the international game.....

National Game : Aberdeen FC (Stand Free!!!) and ANYONE that plays against Glasgow Rankers....

International Game ; Scotland (Freedom!!!!) and ANYONE that plays against the great unwashed on our Southern border, Engurrrland....
are you staying in UAE or another country ?

what about the local football where you are staying?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:32 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
are you staying in UAE or another country ?

what about the local football where you are staying?
I call Dubai home now, but I was born and brought up in Aberdeen. Where I come from, you support the team you grew up with. It makes no difference where I go, I will always support Aberdeen.. I just don't have the same emotional attachment to any other team...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:41 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

...Aberdeen FC (Stand Free!!!) and ANYONE that plays against Glasgow Rankers.....
..does the "FC" after Aberdeen mean Football Club...or am I deliberately misinterpreting the abbreviation ?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:41 am
Banned

I call Dubai home now, but I was born and brought up in Aberdeen. Where I come from, you support the team you grew up with. It makes no difference where I go, I will always support Aberdeen.. I just don't have the same emotional attachment to any other team...

nice location on the Sea

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=ar&q=...num=1&ct=image

so you don't watch local football in the UAE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.