Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

do expats drink more than they did in uk and if so, why?

Wikiposts

do expats drink more than they did in uk and if so, why?

Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do expats drink more than they did in uk and if so, why?

Originally Posted by pepsi 146
So you drink more soft drinks as in PEPSI! I would sooner drink vodka.
that's where we are different then...
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:49 am
Just Joined

pepsi 146 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
that's where we are different then...

So Mati Hari is a lightweight.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:52 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

So Mati Hari is a lightweight.
if you say so...
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I am like you (to quote Oscar Wilde) I can resist anything but temptation. I sent this reply before but it didn't appear. I don't know why. I am new to all this.
Not so new eh pepsi!!

Dec 12th 2006, 1:33 pm
Replies: 50
British Expats needed to feature in a UK weekly magazine...
Views: 6,007
Posted By pepsi 146
Re: British Expats needed to feature in a UK weekly magazine...

Forum: Far East Apr 30th 2006, 12:39 pm
Replies: 4
This may seem a strange question
Views: 553
Posted By pepsi 146
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

pepsi 146 is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE=Patsy Stoned;7841927]Not so new eh pepsi!!

Posted By pepsi 146

Posted By pepsi 146 [/QUOTE]

Not so stoned eh! Patsy. You have too much time on your hands. I am quite new to posting - relatively speaking.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE=Patsy Stoned;7841927]Not so new eh pepsi!!

Posted By pepsi 146

Posted By pepsi 146
Not so stoned eh! Patsy. You have too much time on your hands. I am quite new to posting - relatively speaking.[/QUOTE]

Actually I am always busy,hence being up early on a Friday.
I just wanted to clear that little matter up.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

ceres is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby drinks a lot less here than he did in the UK. Have no idea why, but he lost 1 1/2 stone in six weeks whilst waiting for our booze licence.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ceres
My hubby drinks a lot less here than he did in the UK. Have no idea why, but he lost 1 1/2 stone in six weeks whilst waiting for our booze licence.
you didn't know about barracuda or centaurus then?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
you didn't know about barracuda or centaurus then?
He goes to the place at the MOE and a place in Sharjah. Is that barracuda? Centaurus is the one on-line where they deliver, yes? No?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Not so stoned eh! Patsy. You have too much time on your hands. I am quite new to posting - relatively speaking.
Actually I am always busy,hence being up early on a Friday.
I just wanted to clear that little matter up.[/QUOTE]

Well I am up this early, because I peed the bed again.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

He goes to the place at the MOE and a place in Sharjah. Is that barracuda? Centaurus is the one on-line where they deliver, yes? No?
The MOE place is the official booze shop. You pay 30% tax The Barricuda is in RAK and the cheapest option and yes the centaurus deliversand is less the 30% tax.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

The MOE place is the official booze shop. You pay 30% tax The Barricuda is in RAK and the cheapest option and yes the centaurus deliversand is less the 30% tax.
Thank you. We weren't sure if it was 'okay' to have someone off loading a boot full of drink at our doorstep. Will give it a try.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

I do:

1 Because booze ( I'm talking vodka here) is cheaper than uk and now I can afford it!
2 Boredom ie: the weather, now Summer is here. The heat etc.
3 Socialize more in ME functions, corporate do's et al.

Interesting question...

couple of month's ago I did the Barracuda booze run with friends and went nuts in there. I was boozing every night at home.

After the booze ran out, there was another run planned and I came to the realisation that I dont do this at home in Blighty so opted out.

I guess my answer is YES you can easily drink more over here than you do in the UK cos of the way things are set-up
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

LOL, imagine going to Sharjah looking for booze.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:12 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

You can get booze in sharjah though!!

I drink very little now. When I first came over to dubai, my GF (shock horror we lived together) and I really kicked the shit out of brunches every bloody week. If her indoors was away with work, I'd be out with the boys on full DTS mode.(Day Time Session)

Now we have family and I'm training for IronMan triathlons stuff so my drinking days are well gone..

Actually last saturday I had 4 pints of amstel light, had a Sandwich from the garage and then barfed..4 pints and I'm screaming down the big white telephone...disaster..

However I spent years of bevvy abuse in the Royal Navy where in my prime, I could drink with the best of them.

Hic, I'm off for a pint

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.