British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Do all women prostitute themselves? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/do-all-women-prostitute-themselves-497436/)

shakh your bootie Dec 2nd 2007 11:18 am

Do all women prostitute themselves?

How far would you go?
What’s the difference between a prostitute and a woman who puts out to bag a big house, flash car or a Birkin bag? Not a lot

This from the Times today....

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle2941576.ece

MataHari Dec 2nd 2007 11:29 am

Re: Do all women prostitute themselves?

maybe not all....but a lot do...

to stop their violent husband take it out on the kids...to get some money for clothes...to get him to stop harassing her for a while...to get him into the mood for shopping...loads of reasons...to keep him from straying...

then there are the 'golddiggers'...are they victims or just clever girls that play by the old rules....sex in exchange for goods...

shakh your bootie Dec 2nd 2007 11:36 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5623864)
maybe not all....but a lot do...

to stop their violent husband take it out on the kids...to get some money for clothes...to get him to stop harassing her for a while...to get him into the mood for shopping...loads of reasons...to keep him from straying...

then there are the 'golddiggers'...are they victims or just clever girls that play by the old rules....sex in exchange for goods...

What about love?

MataHari Dec 2nd 2007 11:37 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5623878)
What about love?

what about it...

shakh your bootie Dec 2nd 2007 11:42 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5623880)
what about it...

Can we reduce relationships down to a series of transactions or is there a higher principle at work?

MataHari Dec 2nd 2007 11:48 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5623891)
Can we reduce relationships down to a series of transactions or is there a higher principle at work?

oh dear...what a question...
Lets assume most relationships will start out of love (whatever that is, as Prince Charles once said)...but the love bit doesn't always stay does it...and then other things take over...
I have been thinking (yeah...I know, shocking) about arranged marriages after reading (omg) a few books that dealt with this...and I am thinking now...it might not be such a bad way of doing things...to look at marriage in a more business like manner...

Crash Dec 2nd 2007 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5623910)
oh dear...what a question...
Lets assume most relationships will start out of love (whatever that is, as Prince Charles once said)...but the love bit doesn't always stay does it...and then other things take over...
I have been thinking (yeah...I know, shocking) about arranged marriages after reading (omg) a few books that dealt with this...and I am thinking now...it might not be such a bad way of doing things...to look at marriage in a more business like manner...

I had an arranged marriage. My future wife met me, liked me, and before I knew it, had arranged the marriage!

shakh your bootie Dec 2nd 2007 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5623910)

LOL - if I publicly declare that you have hidden depth will you lay off with the heavy sarcasm?

Hmm. Well I'm sure my daughters will grow up totally ignoring any advice that I give them, which is their right, but I tell them to never make themselves dependant on a man financially.... Except me. That's different....

MataHari Dec 2nd 2007 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5624120)
LOL - if I publicly declare that you have hidden depth will you lay off with the heavy sarcasm?

only when you say it from the bottom of your little throbbing heart...

shakh your bootie Dec 2nd 2007 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5624150)
only when you say it from the bottom of your little throbbing heart...

Well, you know, I kind of like the ownership of this little pin to prick you with... That's one slender Achille's heel that you've got there, and I'm a man with an ankle fetish...

MataHari Dec 2nd 2007 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5624183)
Well, you know, I kind of like the ownership of this little pin to prick you with... That's one slender Achille's heel that you've got there, and I'm a man with an ankle fetish...

right...business as usual then...as expected

shakh your bootie Dec 2nd 2007 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5624185)
right...business as usual then...as expected

Oh well... You're the only person that made a serious reply to the post anyway, so perhaps I'll move you up from a puddle to a paddling pool...

MataHari Dec 2nd 2007 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5624210)
Oh well... You're the only person that made a serious reply to the post anyway, so perhaps I'll move you up from a puddle to a paddling pool...

it's an interesting subject...

Madam Medusa Dec 2nd 2007 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5623844)
How far would you go?
What’s the difference between a prostitute and a woman who puts out to bag a big house, flash car or a Birkin bag? Not a lot

This from the Times today....

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle2941576.ece

well...i kinda agree...not a lot...but the woman who is putting it out ONLY to get the house/car/bags at least on the surface has a bit of security...whereas the prostitute doesn't...

it's a difficult call...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Dec 2nd 2007 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5624210)
Oh well... You're the only person that made a serious reply to the post anyway

err...i've tried, wasn't it serious enough...??

MM, xx