District One

Old Apr 19th 2020, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Moriati1832 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default District One

Hi all,

We are moving to Dubai in September and I wanted to ask if anyone had any feedback on living in District One (Mohammed Bin Rashid City) on Meydan Road?

Also looking to buy a Range Rover - does anyone have any tips on dealing with Car dealers in Dubai, I heard Rammadan is a good time to buy a car?

Many thanks in advance,
M
Old Apr 19th 2020, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: District One

Originally Posted by Moriati1832
Hi all,

We are moving to Dubai in September and I wanted to ask if anyone had any feedback on living in District One (Mohammed Bin Rashid City) on Meydan Road?

Also looking to buy a Range Rover - does anyone have any tips on dealing with Car dealers in Dubai, I heard Rammadan is a good time to buy a car?

Many thanks in advance,
M
I live just around the corner. It's a great part of town - 10mins to DIFC if that's where you work on almost traffic-free roads. So when the RR breaks down you won't have to worry about cars beeping at you for blocking the road.

Locally you're a few mins to downtown and business bay, and there are supermarkets. No schools though really.

Old Apr 19th 2020, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

thanks!
range rovers have a poor rep in the ME?
Old Apr 20th 2020, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!
Just make sure you sell it before the warranty runs out.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Just make sure you sell it before the warranty runs out.
There's going to be a few decent second hand ones up for sale around July / August time .
Old Apr 20th 2020, 10:48 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is a nice glimmer of hope for all Dubai-ers, someone coming in September and already thinking of buying a Range Rover before arriving. I'd say hold on, because if you are thinking Range Rover now at the very least once you get here you'll upgrade the dream to supercharged Range Rover.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Why?
Old Apr 20th 2020, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!
Don't RRs have a poor reputation everywhere?

If you want a nice 4x4 that is out of warranty and not a moneypit , better of getting a landcruiser.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
This thread is a nice glimmer of hope for all Dubai-ers, someone coming in September and already thinking of buying a Range Rover before arriving. I'd say hold on, because if you are thinking Range Rover now at the very least once you get here you'll upgrade the dream to supercharged Range Rover.
Exactly, mix some aspirational lifestyle with some easy credit and it's a Lambo Urus... in bumblebee, of course.

Last edited by Millhouse; Apr 21st 2020 at 4:48 am.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 5:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Don't RRs have a poor reputation everywhere?

If you want a nice 4x4 that is out of warranty and not a moneypit , better of getting a landcruiser.
The old Land Cruiser suggestion. They're plastic filled lumps of functionality over pleasant and a boring mediocrity for the same money.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
The old Land Cruiser suggestion. They're plastic filled lumps of functionality over pleasant and a boring mediocrity for the same money.
I love mine
Old Apr 21st 2020, 9:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I love mine
You probably didn't pay for it and wear dirty boots. Who gives a ****? You could hose a Land Cruiser down inside and it would all still work.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

You probably didn't pay for it and wear dirty boots. Who gives a ****? You could hose a Land Cruiser down inside and it would all still work.
There's definitely a pair of boots in the back mate but i can tell you they're not dirty , more for show to be fair . To be honest its a works motor but its a great unit to be driving around in . I wouldn't wedge out for one if it was my cash.

It will though run forever , you need to nuke those things from orbit .

Old Apr 21st 2020, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
There's definitely a pair of boots in the back mate but i can tell you they're not dirty , more for show to be fair . To be honest its a works motor but its a great unit to be driving around in . I wouldn't wedge out for one if it was my cash.

It will though run forever , you need to nuke those things from orbit .
Oh they're superb motors but if you're eyeing a Rangey, I don't think they're in the same category.

I have a hard hat, high-vis and boots in the back of my car. They're hidden under golf clubs in case someone wants to ask which site I'm on and notice the boots are pretty much sparkling.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Oh they're superb motors but if you're eyeing a Rangey, I don't think they're in the same category.

I have a hard hat, high-vis and boots in the back of my car. They're hidden under golf clubs in case someone wants to ask which site I'm on and notice the boots are pretty much sparkling.
The Japanese 4x4s just can't do posh like RR and G-Wagon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.