Discussion.

Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discussion.

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Needs the right to "motivate the help".
I thought that would require a different appendage altogether.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:40 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Need the right for driving. Though I suppose I could lose both and use my driver.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

TOPCAT_14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
I split up with my ex after she cried every day in our new place. We had moved from Fareham to Southampton.

Her sister refused to speak to us for months and said that I was splitting up the family by taking her sister away from them all in Gosport...."Fareham was far enough away" - I kid you not.

I get the whole staying close to home and I get that I've never been like that...but christ alive if I end up back in the village I grew up in and there are all my old primary school friends still there I'll have to leave.
Having just moved to Southampton , I actually know where Gosport & Fareham is random point being made.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TOPCAT_14
Having just moved to Southampton , I actually know where Gosport & Fareham is random point being made.
Where in the greatest city on earth have you moved to?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 4:59 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Hmmmm, hard to say really as I was an anti social bitch when I was in the UK, maybe I have become more so......

My 14 year old son asked what day the maid comes as the litter bin in his bedroom needed emptying. Never got that in Manchester.

Initially I did become a more aggressive driver, am trying not to rant and rave so much, what is most important to me is maintaining a safe driving distance here, I found I was closing the gap to not allow anyone to push in, I stay back now and am trying to stop taking it so personally, I was seeing that gap as a chink in my armour, I no longer care who pushes in because it was only me that was getting all worked up.

Stopped caring about the plight of others, none of us can choose the life we are born into and quite frankly their plight is not my problem, I have enough of my own.

Had a big argument with a Local, she was banging on about her beautiful country and making out ex pats were lucky to be here and that if we didn't like it we can always leave.

My point there about changing is that when I first moved here I would have apologized for my comment but I didn't, I tore a strip off her and she apologized to me in the end.

Therefore have become more punchy

.....not sure if thats to do with hitting menopause ( EARLY menopause may I add ) and the increased testosterone, trying to distract it from growing hairs on my chin by arguing more.

Last edited by Poshy; Mar 15th 2013 at 5:55 am.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Poshy
what is most important to me is maintaining a safe driving distance here, I found I was closing the gap to not allow anyone to push in
Day Two of driving and I was attempting to allow people to filter in, in slow moving traffic in the vain hope they may learn and reciprocate in future. By the end of the day I gave in and started nosing into the lane I needed to be in and peeping my horn like the locals. I suppose it would help somewhat if u-turn sections were less than 7-10 klicks between.

Last edited by Beakersful; Mar 15th 2013 at 9:36 am.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:07 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
Hmmmm, hard to say really as I was an anti social bitch when I was in the UK, maybe I have become more so......

My 14 year old son asked what day the maid comes as the litter bin in his bedroom needed emptying. Never got that in Manchester.

Initially I did become a more aggressive driver, am trying not to rant and rave so much, what is most important to me is maintaining a safe driving distance here, I found I was closing the gap to not allow anyone to push in, I stay back now and am trying to stop taking it so personally, I was seeing that gap as a chink in my armour, I no longer care who pushes in because it was only me that was getting all worked up.

Stopped caring about the plight of others, none of us can choose the life we are born into and quite frankly their plight is not my problem, I have enough of my own.

Had a big argument with a Local, she was banging on about her beautiful country and making out ex pats were lucky to be here and that if we didn't like it we can always leave.

My point there about changing is that when I first moved here I would have apologized for my comment but I didn't, I tore a strip off her and she apologized to me in the end.

Therefore have become more punchy

.....not sure if thats to do with hitting menopause ( EARLY menopause may I add ) and the increased testosterone, trying to distract it from growing hairs on my chin by arguing more.
You ought to come to our next beery night out, sounds like you'd be fun and fit right in. Maybe we'll have an arm-wrestling contest, too...
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:29 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

My first expat stint was in South America.

I lived with people who were grateful for what they had (very little) unlike most 'westerners' and those in the rich world who pour much more energy into being envious of what they don't yet have (even though they already have so much). The former are right and the latter wrong, it's as simple as that.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:12 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
My first expat stint was in South America.

I lived with people who were grateful for what they had (very little) unlike most 'westerners' and those in the rich world who pour much more energy into being envious of what they don't yet have (even though they already have so much). The former are right and the latter wrong, it's as simple as that.
very true .
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:26 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You ought to come to our next beery night out, sounds like you'd be fun and fit right in. Maybe we'll have an arm-wrestling contest, too...
I'm sorry, what part of anti-social Bitch did you not quite understand ??

Only joking !!, I'm a nightmare when I have had a drink but yeah suppose I should get out more, * flexes biceps *
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Beers next week anyone?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:34 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Oooh, what was the 'site rule infringement' this time?
I think Mickeywot loves a good site rule infringement. I am starting to wonder if he sits there punching the air every time one occurs.....
Old Mar 15th 2013, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

I've discovered that no I am not a cynical Glaswegian but somebody who actually has a strong moral compass - it still upsets me watching the poor workers out on the motorways in the high temperatures and the fact that the security guard at my apartment gets one day off per month! In essence I tip a lot more - and every holiday return from Scotland with shortbread and tunnocks teacakes for the security guard!