Did/do you smoke?

Old May 24th 2009, 12:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did/do you smoke?

Originally Posted by Meow
I smoke and I like it! I don't think I am addicted to it though, as I can easily go three or more days without a ciggies without a problem. I just can't not smoke when out drinking or meeting up with other smokers (most of my friends). I never smoke at home and hate the smell in my house, so I'm something of a hypocrite. Fortunately, I do not look old & wrinkled nor do I have yellow teeth!

I read Alan Carr's first book and it was SO dull. Just didn't work for me as I don't have a nicotine addiction. I know that smoking is bad for me, but I have never been a 20 a day smoker and usually only get through 20 a week.

Sorry, but I am not much use in helping anyone quit, but I do think that you can only do so if you really really want to.

-
You are addicted.
Old May 24th 2009, 12:35 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm one of the few fortunate people who don't seem to be affected by the addictive qualities of nicotine. I do occassionally smoke a cigar or pipe for the pleasure of it (often less than twice a month) and wouldn't dream of smoking at home or in my car...I often wonder why people feel compelled to smoke every hour of the waking day but that's what addiction does for you.

I hear the best way to quit is just to stop...no cutting back, no gum just stop.

Best of luck - tobbaco was a rare and often formal pleasure before it got to Europe...I am glad to see it becoming less acceptable for people to smoke in malls and public places. It should be restricted to certain bars and your back garden.

N.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, smoking is disgusting...it's just soooo right after a couple of glasses of wine though...

MM, xx
Old May 24th 2009, 4:10 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

So MM you are a social smoker then?

I used to enjoy one when blootered but haven't done it for years..
Old May 24th 2009, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Just back from the cinema. I've done so much today instead of sitting on my ar*e smoking fags and drinking coffee!

I'm glad to see it's less acceptable too Norm. It used to p*ss me off but makes it easier now.

Well done for stopping Spugsy! I know it's not easy. Bl**dy h*ll though, 130Marlboro! I suprised your still alive!

Yes MM i think thats going to be the hardest bit.

Mrs H
Old May 24th 2009, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
So MM you are a social smoker then?

I used to enjoy one when blootered but haven't done it for years..
yeah, but only with certain friends...monsieur medusa totally hates it...

MM, xx
Old May 24th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

I'm brilliant at giving up smoking, I've done it loads of times

But what can you do? Just try again is all...
Old May 25th 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

This is too hard! I'm starting to wish i never stopped now! How sad is that?!

I'm going to get some fine food and see if that helps..... Not really bothered if i put on weight as i can take it off again once this nightmare is over!

Good thing is no physical side effects today.

Mrs H
Old May 25th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes

I'm going to get some fine food and see if that helps..... Not really bothered if i put on weight as i can take it off again once this nightmare is over!

Mrs H
It takes 3 days for the nicotine to leave your body, the first 3 days is the pits.

Do not eat to compensate the loss of your ciggies, its the worst thing you can do. You will gain 5 - 7 kilos for sure, its normal.
Old May 25th 2009, 7:33 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes

Mrs H
No it's not.Sure it ain' easy but you can do it.
I had a few relapses when I gave up and man I felt
really, really sick after a few draws.Had to lie down as
it made me reallly dizzy and I though I was going to
throw up.Go do something and stop thinking about it.
Take a nice lunch into the Movies and watch a film-
be in a smoke free environment for a while

Stop thinking about it!
You don't smoke.
Old May 25th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys.
It really helps speaking to youz about it. You're like my support line!

Oh i hope i don't gain that much weight! I'll need to try lay off the crisps (thats my down fall).

I'll feel a bit better tomorrow.

I can't go to cinema coz i'm getting stuff delivered this avo but i'll go down to the pool for a swim and i'll take my book. It's no smoking there so it'll be fine. (which i thought was shocking????, i'm pleased now though).

I'm reading 'Twilight' by Stephenie Meyer just now. It's really good so far so i'll get lost in that for a couple of hours.

Thanks again you guys!

Mrs H
x x x
Old May 25th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
No it's not.Sure it ain' easy but you can do it.
I had a few relapses when I gave up and man I felt
really, really sick after a few draws.Had to lie down as
it made me reallly dizzy and I though I was going to
throw up.Go do something and stop thinking about it.
Take a nice lunch into the Movies and watch a film-
be in a smoke free environment for a while

Stop thinking about it!
You don't smoke.
yeah the first few puffs make you sick and then you will be ok and back on them again, ha ha, its the hardest thing to do and most smokers relapse at some point. You need will power of steel. I gave up for 2 years had a bit of stress going on, had a puff, felt sick, had another puff the next day and then was back on them again. Have given up twice since then, its a fcker habit
Old May 25th 2009, 10:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
You are addicted.
Yep, but psychologically only

-
Old May 25th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Meow;7601728]Yep, but psychologically only

Good luck MrsHawkes in your quest!

As a non-smoker I dont know how a non smoker could marry a smoker!!!

The local govt are doing some good things to curb the nasty habit. It is just a pity you have to make a dash through all the smokers huddled outside the entrance to the large shopping malls from where they are thankfully, banned!

Lets see some action in the pubs soon! European Cup Final on Wednesday will be hell on earth again for the non smokers!

Anyway to end on a lighter note who remembers the old joke about two women having a chat over a cup of coffee when one asked the other "Do you smoke during intercourse", and the respondent replied that "she had never looked"!
Old May 25th 2009, 5:54 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs hawkes, do you have a job? Maybe that would take your mind off smoking?

You know, like working for a living...keep your mind occupied?

Serious question...when I'm lazing around the house being bone idle, I graze on food constantly..when I'm working and focused on something I don't eat or drink coffee etc..

Maybe the same will apply for smoking...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.