Diane Abbott

Old May 10th 2017, 12:57 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diane Abbott

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I don't care what colour/race/religion politicians are but voting a Scouser in as mayor of Manchester is just wrong!

For so many reasons.
Old May 10th 2017, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Are you implying that my use of the term "colour" here was inadvertently racist? It was not inadvertent and if you think it sounded racist, well, just ask one of your black friends.
No I did not think it as racist at all, just thought I would point it out! As a blind disabled LBGT, I know how hurtful labels can be, and now I will go to my Safe Space!
Old May 11th 2017, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

I've got to admit that I'm glad she is around as it weakens Labour's chances even more of ever being in power!

I'm looking forward to the inevitable #ToriesforAbbott campaign after Corbyn...
Old May 12th 2017, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

with the communist, terrorist sympathiser at the head of the party I don't think the need any help making the party less electable
Old May 12th 2017, 10:08 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

with the communist, terrorist sympathiser at the head of the party I don't think the need any help making the party less electable
Well he will probably be gone within the next couple of months anyway.
Old May 12th 2017, 10:32 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Well he will probably be gone within the next couple of months anyway.
Don't bet on it.
Old May 12th 2017, 10:34 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Don't bet on it.
Well the alternative is that he gets elected and hell starts to look like the front of a Christmas card.
Old May 12th 2017, 10:36 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Well the alternative is that he gets elected and hell starts to look like the front of a Christmas card.
No, he'll lose the election and just stay on. Maybe there'll be another leadership challenge but he'll survive that as well thanks to Miliband Minor's £3 supporters, many of whom are Tories and want to keep him in the job as long as possible. He won't go until the party rules are changed to allow a successor to be nominated by 5% rather than 15% of MPs. Then McDonnell or someone else from his cabal will stand and get in on that basis.
Old May 12th 2017, 10:47 am
Sidecar Falcon

No, he'll lose the election and just stay on. Maybe there'll be another leadership challenge but he'll survive that as well thanks to Miliband Minor's £3 supporters, many of whom are Tories and want to keep him in the job as long as possible. He won't go until the party rules are changed to allow a successor to be nominated by 5% rather than 15% of MPs. Then McDonnell or someone else from his cabal will stand and get in on that basis.
It's a shame but you're probably right actually. And this country will continue to basically have no opposition and nothing will change.

Considering the alternative to that is having a mad 70's throwback communist sympathiser in power though, I think I'd have to reluctantly prefer the status quo.
Old May 12th 2017, 11:03 am

It's a shame but you're probably right actually. And this country will continue to basically have no opposition and nothing will change.

Considering the alternative to that is having a mad 70's throwback communist sympathiser in power though, I think I'd have to reluctantly prefer the status quo.
When the government is preparing to hold the most important international negotiations since WWII it is a disgrace that we have no effective opposition nor any prospect of such. Corbyn and his supporters have no-one but themselves to blame for that.
Old May 12th 2017, 11:16 am
Sidecar Falcon

When the government is preparing to hold the most important international negotiations since WWII it is a disgrace that we have no effective opposition nor any prospect of such. Corbyn and his supporters have no-one but themselves to blame for that.
Agreed. Unfortunately I think you're probably right and even total defeat in next month's election probably won't be enough to whip them into shape. I'm not even sure if they have anyone worthy in their ranks atm anyway.
Old May 12th 2017, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bet on it.
the Unions want him in charge so that's where he'll stay
Old May 12th 2017, 11:49 am
Sidecar Falcon

the Unions want him in charge so that's where he'll stay
Why would the unions want to no real opposition to a Tory leadership?
Old May 12th 2017, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why would the unions want to no real opposition to a Tory leadership?
because any labour leadership that has the chance of winning is too far right for the fat cat main union leaders to accept.
Old May 12th 2017, 12:12 pm
Sidecar Falcon

because any labour leadership that has the chance of winning is too far right for the fat cat main union leaders to accept.
It's a shame really because they're effectively digging their own graves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.