Depressing weather.!

Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Kakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of light
Default Depressing weather.!

It's my first year in Dubai and so far this winter has been pretty damn rubbish, I'm verging on seasonal adjustment disorder.!
This is not what I signed up for.!!.. yup I know there's a clue in there somewhere.

First kick in the goolies was that though the weather cooled off the sun set at 6pm, so no warm evenings in the sun. Second poke in the eye is that though it may be a pleasant 21.5c in my apartment.. I'm freezing my fricken balls off.!!, relatively speaking. And third... well just look at it out there.!! I mean come on.. it's like... winter.!!!

Ok.. I feel a little warmer after smashing my keyboard furiously whilst ranting.. so thanks

Last edited by Kakawax; Feb 21st 2017 at 8:33 am.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Depressing weather.!

Are you mad? This weather is fantastic...wait until you've done a few summers and the pre/post period of repetitive sunshine.

The only depressing thing about the weather / climate / whatever here is the lack of evening sunshine.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Kakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are you mad?
Possibly... time will tell
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kakawax
Possibly... time will tell
We're all a bit mad.

I'm hoping it stays calm though, driving range tonight and it's not much fun in the rain.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:55 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Pah, finally had my car washed last night thinking the unsettled weather was breaking and it was probably a good idea to get 3 weeks of caked sand removed.....20 dhs down the pan!!!!

Was chatting to a local friend who was moaning he had spent 3 hours in a queue to get his car washed at 1:00 am last week. Kind of made all the bad weather worth it to clock his reaction when I pointed out that it would have been faster and easier to wash it himself!!
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Locals are really obsessed with spotless cars at all times. I'd take mine out to be washed at 8 AM Friday mornings. Never had to wait. Though I was always gobsmacked at much water is used to wash just one car. One time I was having my beast (Pajero) washed and this wanker Lebbo next to me had a tiny Kraut convertible and good lord, wasn't he inanely obsessed with making sure every inch of the car was so thoroughly washed that the poor washer must have used as much water as used on my Pajero. And did he leave a tip?

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope

Was chatting to a local friend who was moaning he had spent 3 hours in a queue to get his car washed at 1:00 am last week. Kind of made all the bad weather worth it to clock his reaction when I pointed out that it would have been faster and easier to wash it himself!!
As for the weather, it was a tad bit coolish in the flat last night. Had to put on the Merinos to stay warm.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Are you mad? This weather is fantastic...wait until you've done a few summers and the pre/post period of repetitive sunshine.

The only depressing thing about the weather / climate / whatever here is the lack of evening sunshine.
This.

Went to the gym this morning, for once I didn't have to ask for the AC or fan to be switched on. I'm now sat here at home 'working', the windows are open, the curtains are billowing with the occasional gust... I just wish it was cooler at night so I didn't have to have the AC on.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

In summer you cannot imagine how cold the winters are, and in winter you cannot imagine how hot the summers will be.

I've always thought that they should change the clocks here - but in the opposite direction to the West, i.e. make the winter day longer and the summer day shorter.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
This.

Went to the gym this morning, for once I didn't have to ask for the AC or fan to be switched on. I'm now sat here at home 'working', the windows are open, the curtains are billowing with the occasional gust... I just wish it was cooler at night so I didn't have to have the AC on.
I still have AC at night too. Just enjoy it that way and used to it I guess.

It's been wonderful having the balcony doors wide open in an evening or weekend mornings. Glorious in fact, totally glorious.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

You people have the AC on this time of year?

Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had the AC on in months.

It does get a tad warm sometimes in the evenings but I don't sleep under a duvet so no issue to me....
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
I just wish it was cooler at night so I didn't have to have the AC on.
I still have AC at night too. Just enjoy it that way and used to it I guess.
Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
You people have the AC on this time of year?
No, neither of us do.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The AC on at night??? It's freezing at nighttime! I currently have a blanket on top of the duvet and we haven't had the AC on at all for months.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Am I missing something?

No, neither of us do.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Am I missing something?
Yeah, you asked a daft question, I gave a daft answer.

I have the AC on in the bedroom at night. Not sure why that strikes such incredulity...I like it....means I can snuggle down under all 13.5 togs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.