Define Dubai

Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Re: Define Dubai

Is it really that rare that people use day to day manners when speaking to the locals etc?

I really can't imagine people not holding a door open for someone or just saying thank you!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
Is it really that rare that people use day to day manners when speaking to the locals etc?

I really can't imagine people not holding a door open for someone or just saying thank you!
"locals etc" - a big difference between the two...

The lack of manners shown by many people here is breathtaking. Some is cultural, but mostly arrogance or ignorance.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Is there a problem of some people think they are better than them and don't need to even acknowledge that they exist!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
Is there a problem of some people think they are better than them and don't need to even acknowledge that they exist!
Massive problem.

Out of curiousity, which 'they' are you referring to?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

the people that don't acknowledge anybody else whomever that may be!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:04 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Been thinking about it for while and I hate to say it, but it's unavoidable.

Money is what defines Dubai.

At every level, more than other cities.

A city that will forever be trying to find its own identity and on the whole failing to do so.

And yes, I am currently in a decent situation and still like it here, so...
Can't add much to that. +1
Old Sep 27th 2012, 3:12 pm
Bored liberal

Judging by today's posts on here the main arseholes are in Doha...
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Dubai is defined by who you are.

To me its opportunity; to save money.

To my Mrs; it's a fun place with sunshine.

To an the Filipinos that work with my mrs or me or you; it's money for family back home, it's school fees for your younger brothers etc.

Depends on where you look at this place from. I like it here, it's got plenty of plus points to balance out the shit stuff.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

'New Money', sums it up for me, no class, no style, brash and excessive. And a city of contradictions.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
'New Money', sums it up for me, no class, no style, brash and excessive. And a city of contradictions.
New Money shouts
Old Money whispers
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Fur coat no knickers sums it up!
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:49 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I have been here for almost 10 years, I train about 60 people a week from all nationalities .... men and women including Emirati, Lebanese, Palestinian, American, British, Indian blah,blah and all of them are living normal lives working, playing, bringing up families etc. None of them are w**kers, none of them are rude or arrogant, they all seem to be very genuine and caring people.
I live in a local area, I have friends of different nationalities, my life here is not that much different from the other countries that I have lived in,(except the brunches are better ).
Dubai is better than some cities, worse than others.
I really get fed up with people who think that the UAE is full of false people.
There are false people everywhere. I love living in Dubai, I love my job and I love and respect the culturally differences of the people that I meet.
So you really are Patsy Stone from Ab Fab and live a life full of parties, brunches and free flowing champagne?

Well I never.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]I have been here for almost 10 years, I train about 60 people a week from all nationalities .... men and women including Emirati, Lebanese, Palestinian, American, British, Indian blah,blah and all of them are living normal lives working, playing, bringing up families etc. None of them are w**kers, none of them are rude or arrogant, they all seem to be very genuine and caring people.
/QUOTE]

Patsy, you would have to be a complete idiot to be a wanker to your personal trainer!
Old Sep 28th 2012, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
New Money shouts
Old Money whispers
New money rarely sticks around for it to become Old money...
Old Sep 28th 2012, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
New Money shouts
Old Money whispers
Love it and so true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.