British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Daylight Execution in London Sandwich Bar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/daylight-execution-london-sandwich-bar-595566/)

Bison Mar 5th 2009 9:52 am

Daylight Execution in London Sandwich Bar

The gunman is reported to have walked up to the victim and said "Hello" before cocking his revolver and shooting him in the back of the head.

He then ordered staff to call the police before sitting down on the café floor and waiting for officers to arrest him, witnesses were quoted as saying.

Full Details on Sky News

Holy ****!!

Madam Medusa Mar 5th 2009 9:56 am

Re: Daylight Execution in London Sandwich Bar

omg, that's horrific...doesn't seem to be any more info yet...but where on earth is mottingham in london, i've never heard of it...?

MM, xx

Sky Blue Mar 5th 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7347575)
omg, that's horrific...doesn't seem to be any more info yet...but where on earth is mottingham in london, i've never heard of it...?

MM, xx

Mottingham is on the Kent boarders near Eltham.

Sounds like they knew each other. A bit like when that guy had his throat slit in McDonalds on Oxford St a few years back

Hello.Kitty Mar 5th 2009 11:27 am

crikey - I used to live about 1 mile down the road from Mottingham!

Sky Blue Mar 5th 2009 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7347769)

You should be used to it then!

lionheart Mar 5th 2009 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7347827)

So where was the Sheriff of Mottingham when you need him?

nottmbantam Mar 5th 2009 12:04 pm

I've lived in Nottingham for years...

Hello.Kitty Mar 5th 2009 1:44 pm

oh yeah, cos cold, calculated killings were a favourite past-time. Especially if Eastenders was a bit rubbish... what am I saying?! Eastenders is always rubbish!

It was quite fun though... sandwiched between Mottingham, Eltham (Stephen Lawrence murder), Sidcup (birthplace of David Bowie and Dassani) and the - [shiver] Ferrier Estate in Kidbrooke, where the barbed-wire on the perimeter walls faces inwards. Actually, in that estate, setting fire to cars was the past-time of choice.

Sky Blue Mar 6th 2009 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7348102)
oh yeah, cos cold, calculated killings were a favourite past-time. Especially if Eastenders was a bit rubbish... what am I saying?! Eastenders is always rubbish!

It was quite fun though... sandwiched between Mottingham, Eltham (Stephen Lawrence murder), Sidcup (birthplace of David Bowie and Dassani) and the - [shiver] Ferrier Estate in Kidbrooke, where the barbed-wire on the perimeter walls faces inwards. Actually, in that estate, setting fire to cars was the past-time of choice.

yeah i used to drive out that way to play cricket a bit and always comes across as a bit of a wasteland to be fair... I was a bit further in nearer Lewisham, Peckham, Camberwell and Brixton... More like stabbings and large scale rios on pastime of choice! Eastenders makes you want to go a and join in!!!

Hello.Kitty Mar 6th 2009 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7350474)
yeah i used to drive out that way to play cricket a bit and always comes across as a bit of a wasteland to be fair... I was a bit further in nearer Lewisham, Peckham, Camberwell and Brixton... More like stabbings and large scale rios on pastime of choice! Eastenders makes you want to go a and join in!!!

it was OK, to be fair... but that is in the context of having moved from Dartford at the time. :thumbdown:

:rofl:

hawkhead Mar 6th 2009 4:11 pm

Me too! Just down the road from the lovely Ferrier. Believe it's about to be pulled down soon....

DaWarrior Mar 6th 2009 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7347845)
So where was the Sheriff of Mottingham when you need him?

Maybe out looking for Robimhood

Hello.Kitty Mar 7th 2009 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by hawkhead (Post 7351894)
Me too! Just down the road from the lovely Ferrier. Believe it's about to be pulled down soon....

well, that's been on the cards for years... there's a lovely plan for a lovely "mixed use development" with "community leisure facilites" (solve all social woes by providing a gym to trash!), bla bla bla.