The Culture Of No

Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:06 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Culture Of No

I swear I am going kill. It's not my fault, it can't be stopped - I am Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down"...

Why?

Because of The Culture Of No in this stupid country. Every single simple request to banks especially, but elsewhere too - is met with "that's impossible" or 'i can't do that" - you know what YES YOU F*ING CAN DO IT if you chose to help the customer paying your WAGES.

F*ing robot morons.

The reason is everyone this is the case is that the employees are treated like shit so why care about doing an ok job never mind going the extra yard or mile to help and keep the customer happy. You'll not get commended, you'll not get a pay rise and you will never ever be a manager and you'll end up one day back in your own country - so why care?

The phrase keeps being used - if you don't like it, then leave. You know what - I don't f*ing like it...

Eugene, never mind careful with that axe, just gimme the thing and stand back....

Last edited by Autonomy; Jun 18th 2009 at 7:09 am.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:16 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Culture Of No

What he said
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:20 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I swear I am going kill. It's not my fault, it can't be stopped - I am Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down"...

Why?

Because of The Culture Of No in this stupid country. Every single simple request to banks especially, but elsewhere too - is met with "that's impossible" or 'i can't do that" - you know what YES YOU F*ING CAN DO IT if you chose to help the customer paying your WAGES.

F*ing robot morons.

The reason is everyone this is the case is that the employees are treated like shit so why care about doing an ok job never mind going the extra yard or mile to help and keep the customer happy. You'll not get commended, you'll not get a pay rise and you will never ever be a manager and you'll end up one day back in your own country - so why care?

The phrase keeps being used - if you don't like it, then leave. You know what - I don't f*ing like it...

Eugene, never mind careful with that axe, just gimme the thing and stand back....
Cripes. It must be bad if you're getting stressed.

I find some people in certain industries here are just unable to work outside firmly-set parameters. There is no flexibility. Ask them to step outside them - even just a smidge - and you can see DOES NOT COMPUTE come up on their faces. They are not allowed to think for themselves and are afraid to do so.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

I have just been setting up an account and trying to organise a cheque book so I know what you are going through.
OK there are certain procedures that need to be followed but would it not be better if they told the people working there about these so I am not led up the garden path with promises that cannot be kept.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

computer says no
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:24 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 954RR
I have just been setting up an account and trying to organise a cheque book so I know what you are going through.
OK there are certain procedures that need to be followed but would it not be better if they told the people working there about these so I am not led up the garden path with promises that cannot be kept.
good luck with the cheque book. i've been waiting 3 months for a new one now. Ironic because when i first opened the account they gave me 6, now they seem unable to give me even one....maybe 6 was my lifetime allowance
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 954RR
NO!

Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:38 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seraphnina
NO!

Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shiva
good luck with the cheque book. i've been waiting 3 months for a new one now.
This is my first. The email come to say it is there I have phoned and confirmed it is there.
Do expect it to be there when I get there? NO
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

I have started saying no back to the places that are of no help to me.

Example... filled in the premier banking forms with Barclays, I got my new card & cheque book... wife did not. Phoned to find out what was the problem, and they could not locate her forms (aka they lost them). they then asked me to fill them in again.

Response?

"No!"

Each of the forms were asking for details they already had from when we set up our initial account and mortgage. They have them all on file, so they can just amend the details - its a joint account FFS!

Anyhoo, my standard response to Barclays now is no.

Frustrating as it is, I've had to learn that this negative attitude is rife, and you just have to accept it and get on, otherwise it will drive you up the wall.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:06 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

yup, posted my visa copy recorded delivery to HSBC as the origonal visa when i opened the account had expired (over 3 years ago)

I called to check up on the progress

'i wish to know how this is progressing, i sent in my letter'

'we have not recieved this letter from you'

'well it has a copy of my visa so ****ing find it'

'sir, please send in another copy, or go to a branch and hand it in'

'NO'

'im sorry sir?'

'NO'

'Sir?'

'i will call you back in 3 days, by that time you will find my letter with very personal detail and sort out this issue'

'ok sir'

'any information you want from me?'

'no sir'

'not even the address i sent it to and the AWB?'

'sir?'

'oh **** off you retarded buffoon,' (ps i didnt say that, but i meant it)

'so sir, you will send a new copy?'

'no'

Click....
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Why?

F*ing robot morons.

I feel for you, I really do! Know exactly what you go through dealing with the morons in banks - the problem is they employ the most stupid people and then only the really really stupid get promoted (so the creme de la creme of the stupid becomes the CEO...lol) so no point saying "let me speak to your manager" here;

....yeah, and anyone caught doing their job well, well they get kicked out - no kidding.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:54 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

my frustrations are:

1. do you have this in a size 8?? Shop assistant "NO" this is always the standard response no matter what shop you go in and they don't even look.....
2. do you have this in shoe size 3.5 - Shop assistant goes to look, comes back "we don't have size 3.5, but we do have size 5 in a different style why don't you try them on"......

Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:59 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

oooh and also I had the same thing as Commander with HSBC, except for the fact that I did take a copy into the branch, they had put a hold on my account as they wanted a copy of my renewal visa.

so in I trot handed it to them, I then rang them 3 days later to find out why the hold was still on my account, they had lost the f***ing copy I had taken in - it took them 3 weeks to get this sorted out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.