Cricket

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Cricket

Slightly surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet....but, what a performance.

Absolutely fantastic and should we win the next test we will be ranked no.1 in the world at test cricket. Definitely something we deserve.

I haven't seen but have read about the 'Bellgate' or 'IsHeInOrIsHeOut?Gate', did anyone see the footage?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket

Bell switched off , decent gesture by Dhoni , not sure if the Aussies would have reversed their call though ?

Great cricket by England , the bouncing out of Yuraj Singh was a joy to watch as well . India seemed a bit tired and look like they're at the crossroads between breaking up a side and blooding new players .

A very difficult job when you're facing a bowling attack of England's calibre .

Could be a whitewash now , no doubt we'll be the No 1 Test side in the world after this series , 2-1 will give us enough ranking points i think .
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:50 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Bell switched off , decent gesture by Dhoni , not sure if the Aussies would have reversed their call though ?

Great cricket by England , the bouncing out of Yuraj Singh was a joy to watch as well . India seemed a bit tired and look like they're at the crossroads between breaking up a side and blooding new players .

Could be a whitewash now , no doubt we'll be the No 1 Test side in the world after this series , 2-1 will give us enough ranking points i think .
I doubt the likes of Border or Ponting would reverse it but with Mr Media Michael Clarke at the helm who knows ...

It needs to be by a margin of 2 to get the Number 1 spot.

The next Test should sort that out nicely.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy

Everything I've read seems to say it was a mental lapse but fairly reversed to keep the 'spirit of the game'. After some googling yesterday I think we once did it against the Windies in about 1958, we did the good thing then so it's just karma.

Our bowling attack is amazing at the moment and the strength in depth is one of the biggest positives I think.

Broad is in amazing form, and I've been amazed with how well he bats, probably one of the best bottom order / all rounder batsmen at the moment.

Would like to see Strauss and Cook get a good knock in the next test though.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 5:01 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Scamp;9532443]

Broad is in amazing form, and I've been amazed with how well he bats, probably one of the best bottom order / all rounder batsmen at the moment.

QUOTE]

I think Prior is also doing a great job - always seems to be able to add a few much needed runs in the lower orders. Like you say - strength in depth - looking forward to the next two.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 5:16 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Dubaidog;9534396]
Originally Posted by Scamp

QUOTE]

I think Prior is also doing a great job - always seems to be able to add a few much needed runs in the lower orders. Like you say - strength in depth - looking forward to the next two.
Spot on, my fault for not mentioning. In fact there was an article on BBC Sport the other day saying he's probably the best wicketkeeper / batsman in the world (or at least up there)
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Scamp;9534416]
Originally Posted by Dubaidog

Spot on, my fault for not mentioning. In fact there was an article on BBC Sport the other day saying he's probably the best wicketkeeper / batsman in the world (or at least up there)
Prior has taken his chance well (James Foster is a better batsman, and is seriously unlucky not to have had an extended run in the England team, but it won't happen now).

India have been stabbed in the back by their own authorities - who asks their players to play seven Tests in eight weeks overseas, with loads of travelling in between?

Cook is going through a rough patch, but he had similar problems before the Ashes tour, and look what he did out there. I'm getting the impression that he will be one of those players who thrives in overseas conditions more than at home - not such a bad thing. He's class (despite being coached at school by the unorthodox Derek Randall).

Also - don't forget England clearly have the world's best spinner at the moment, an often underrated factor in a team's success.

And Bell was a very lucky boy indeed.............. nice gesture from Dhoni (under pressure?). The announcer should have told the crowd what had happened though, to avoid all the unnecessary booing of the Indians when they came out after tea.

Last edited by The Dean; Aug 3rd 2011 at 6:21 am. Reason: .
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

In my humble opinion (as an Englishman and a gentleman) I would have been happier if India had offered to withdraw the appeal and if Strauss had then declined the offer. Bell made a stupid mistake and should have gone. It wasn't as if we were going to lose the match anyway.

Last edited by mentalist; Aug 4th 2011 at 6:35 am.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
In my humble opinion (as an Englishman and a gentleman) I would have been happier if India had offered to withdraw the appeal and if Strauss had then declined the offer. Bell made a stupid mistake and should have gone.It wasn't as if we were going to lose the match anyway.
A fair point.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:35 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope they spare Edgbaston tonight. At the current rate it should be a short test.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Lets hope they spare Edgbaston tonight. At the current rate it should be a short test.
I'd hate to have weekend tickets.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'd hate to have weekend tickets.

weather is dodgy so it should get to the weekend
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Tendulkar is due a big score in the second innings.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Tendulkar is due a big score in the second innings.
and i'm due a rub out with Liz Hurley.....!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

big match is Durham v Hampshire anyway, but the weather's shit in Chester as usual

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.