Cooking

Old Apr 25th 2019, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cooking

Originally Posted by Forsu
Use little to NO water, let the lamb stew in its own juice on low heat. Additional liquid will come from the onion, tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon. Taste the difference.
Thanks for that tip - actually will try it tonight - i need something hot and spicy
Old Apr 25th 2019, 4:34 pm
home

Forsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
i need something hot and spicy
assuming you have 1 kg of lamb;

add
for hot 2 (or more) dried red habaneros or red ghost peppers
for spicy 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns
and 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste

It may help to pipe
Brendan Grace's — Ring Of Fire through your hifi while cooking
Old Apr 28th 2019, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Forsu
assuming you have 1 kg of lamb;

add
for hot 2 (or more) dried red habaneros or red ghost peppers
for spicy 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns
and 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste

It may help to pipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_33YgkoLaE
Brendan Grace's — Ring Of Fire through your hifi while cooking
Hi i did as you suggested but had to resort to using water as it started to burn
Old May 4th 2019, 5:09 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

It worked for me.
Old May 5th 2019, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Nachos.
Holy smokes we did it. Tostitos to line the tray. Topped with quickly cooked minced beef and kidney beans (high heat, trying to get it slightly drier), salsa, jalapenos (lots) and cheese. Another layer, repeated.
Oven for about 5-7 minutes.
Top with home made guac and sour cream.

DEMOLISH IN FRONT OF THE FOOTBALL WITH A PINT OF SQUASH.
Old May 5th 2019, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Looks nice nonthaburi - Bit too much veg for me
Old May 5th 2019, 8:19 pm
home

Forsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
It worked for me.
Old May 13th 2019, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I've created a number of basic menu cards for my PA to follow. They are laminated and numbered and she has a dice to select which one we get - it was becoming too stressful for her (and me) deciding at 7.45am each morning what we are going to have for dinner. The menus are all broken down into simple english and grow all the time as I teach her new dishes. Not exactly fine dining but I don't starve. There's several more in the pipeline that I haven't got around to writing up - although she can do them with a bit of reminding - and the cards will be revamped with pictures soon to make them even clearer. Works for us.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
menu.pdf (424.4 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Millhouse; May 13th 2019 at 8:16 am.
Old May 13th 2019, 8:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I've created a number of basic menu cards for my PA to follow. They are laminated and numbered and she has a dice to select which one we get - it was becoming too stressful for her (and me) deciding at 7.45am each morning what we are going to have for dinner. The menus are all broken down into simple english and grow all the time as I teach her new dishes. Not exactly fine dining but I don't starve. There's several more in the pipeline that I haven't got around to writing up - although she can do them with a bit of reminding - and the cards will be revamped with pictures soon to make them even clearer. Works for us.
That's ****ing amazing.

You are my new hero.
Old May 13th 2019, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
That's ****ing amazing.

You are my new hero.
Seconded !

Love the pics for chunk size too !
Old May 13th 2019, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Seconded !

Love the pics for chunk size too !
She likes to match them up to the laminate - I've moved to photos now as I think that's easier for her, but she's on it now.

The oven symbols are actual pictures from my oven as she didn't understand the grill, fan-assist symbols etc. For some reason, my oven has about 10 options and it was confusing.
Old May 13th 2019, 11:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've created a number of basic menu cards for my PA to follow..
I really smiled at the Guacamole one.

Put avocado in bowl
• Add some mayonnaise
• Mash WITH SOME LUMPS
• Fold in the Cucumber, Tomato, Onion, Salt
I think I may create very similar for Mr BEVS
It isn't he is unwilling. It is simply he doesn't know how really.
Old May 14th 2019, 4:17 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant! I would have different recipes for these dishes, but the way you’ve laid them out is super easy for anyone to follow.

We’re going back to a villa (with a maid) this summer and I am going unashamedly steal your idea for my recipes
Old May 14th 2019, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TheShed

brilliant! I would have different recipes for these dishes, but the way you’ve laid them out is super easy for anyone to follow.

We’re going back to a villa (with a maid) this summer and I am going unashamedly steal your idea for my recipes
the real trick is to take all subjectivity out of the process. The way I do this is to make it with her one time and time everything and break all the steps down. No different to what McDonald’s do really. Keep the English Simple - while our hob is electric we still call it fire. I have her make it under supervision with the card before letting her do it alone. It does work, this is the second maid to have used these cards.

She he can even do a decent roast. Perfect potatoes with the timing of when you turn them broken down. We have a little timer. She loves it.

Last edited by Millhouse; May 14th 2019 at 4:28 am.
Old May 14th 2019, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
I really smiled at the Guacamole one.
My only issue with the guacamole one is the addition of mayo. It's just wrong...but I've looked past that for the greatness of the rest of it.

the real trick is to take all subjectivity out of the process. The way I do this is to make it with her one time and time everything and break all the steps down. No different to what McDonald’s do really. Keep the English Simple - while our hob is electric we still call it fire. I have her make it under supervision with the card before letting her do it alone. It does work, this is the second maid to have used these cards.

She he can even do a decent roast. Perfect potatoes with the timing of when you turn them broken down. We have a little timer. She loves it.

I love a notepad of timings for a roast, even down to turning things. It means you're up and down every 5-10 minutes but then when it all comes out amazing, you're cruising down delicious highway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.