Contentious

Old May 2nd 2018, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Contentious

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
When one is poking the fireplace, you don't look at the mantelpiece !
You might prefer the mantelpiece if two kids have come out the fire...
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
This is going to be a shit storm potentially but **** it.

Scumbag kid next to me on the flight last night from Mumbai.
Didn't stop fidgeting and ****ing around, standing on the seat, kneeling, banging the table etc etc.

Can sort of live with all of that, because it's a kid and life's boring even if you're watching the Lego movie.

What kept annoying me was his insistence on hogging the arm rests, touching me with his feet or legs or arms and generally having zero respect for another human's personal space. The only time I looked at the little twat was when he was stood up on his seat, leaning on me excited to get some food. I had to shut his shit down at that point with a death stare that would skin a rabbit from 500 yards. We'l gloss over the times he was leaning on my arm looking at my phone whilst I was messaging the Mrs calling him a ****.

Mum did **** all, obviously. If I'd got close to standing on a seat on a train, bus, car or plane as a child I'd have been told off in a heartbeat.

There's almost no excuse on an emirates flight to not keep a kid entertained enough to not impact negatively on anyone else's experience? Right? It's not easy I appreciate but kids aren't born scumbags, they're allowed to behave badly and on a sub-3hr flight it can't be that hard to manage.
Maybee it's just me: in my expereince MidEast parents were not interested in reprimanding or otherwise setting their kids straight when they acted like louts towards the average Joe . They really don't even think about what the other person might be experiencing.
Old May 3rd 2018, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Had the very same on a night flight to Bangkok. Me and friend sat a row of 4, in front of us 3 kids, as soon as the service started they were demanding get us Pepsi, jumping on the seats, kicking the front of the chairs and peering over at us. When they dimmed the lights they started switching the overhead light off and on. I did tell them to stop it and what we didn't realise was that the mum was sitting in the middle of them with her headphones on watching a film. CC called, menacing purser came down and told them all to behave. I am one of 4 kids and heaven forbid we ever cause a scene in public. My Mum would of given us the death stare which was enough to quieten us down.
Old May 3rd 2018, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Maybee it's just me: in my expereince MidEast parents were not interested in reprimanding or otherwise setting their kids straight when they acted like louts towards the average Joe . They really don't even think about what the other person might be experiencing.
I find that most ME parents (and even South Asian parents) have an attitude that kids are kids and let them be kids and justifies them running around spoiled. To be fair, so do some western parents.
Old May 4th 2018, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I find that most ME parents (and even South Asian parents) have an attitude that kids are kids and let them be kids and justifies them running around spoiled. To be fair, so do some western parents.
But kids being asses and acting-up need to told what they are doing is wrong, so they don't keep being asses to other kids and become assholes later in life.
Old May 4th 2018, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Complain to Cabin Crew, let them sort it out...I hate it when they sit behind you and kick the seat had it on one flight and fetched the father who was sitting 6 seats behind and told him to sort the little shits out or else I would!!
Old May 4th 2018, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

just passing through....had the same shit last year ..budget flight back from mexico to Canada .WE just settled down after takeoff and the little *** in front dropped his seat right back onto my knees (budget flight no room) and kept banging it up and down quickly shouting to parent " it wont go down far enough!! After a few choice Scottish words about the little ***** his mother came over and told me "my child wants to sleep and your knees are in the way .....NO shit Sherlock says I ,big daddy comes over and tells me I'm racist (family were by looks Native American) for not moving my legs .By now the stewardess had noticed and came up ..big daddy started his stuff ,little *** tries banging the chair down again ,I start telling my OH take photos as we are suing the airline .......BINGO magic words had been spoken ..we were taken to first class(well really cattle class ++) and asked not to sue please full first class service and a voucher when we got off the plane waiting for me. As for big daddy and clan I was waiting for my car to be delivered to airport door with a couple o workmates that had flown in on rotation I had met by chance and he passed by looking the other way and little *** said something and his mother near took his head off his shoulders with a slap that could be heard in mexico.

Last edited by jamesmc; May 4th 2018 at 6:33 pm.
Old May 5th 2018, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Going to India and not flying business . Schoolboy error lad.
Old May 5th 2018, 2:57 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

On planes it's definitely worth complaining because you're stuck there.

​​​​​​Remember being stuck next to a couple of Saudis on a flight to Bangkok who were watching stuff on their tablets with no headphones and the volume was really loud.

I forcefully told them to turn it down or use headphones, and to be fair they were very apologetic, and immediately complied.

I think they genuinely hadn't realised that they could be bothering someone, plus their excitement at what they'd be getting up to in Bangkok, just made them oblivious.

we actually ended up having quite a few drinks together, and by the time we landed we were friends for life.
Old May 5th 2018, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

This is why, rightly or wrongly, we dread seeing young families walk down the aisle towards us on a plane.

Not quite the same thing, but we went to a restaurant recently.
There was a girl of around 10 years old crawling on the floor to begin with then started running around coughing god knows what without covering her gob.
Another family walks in, boy whinging, girl screaming while mum’s ‘busy’ on her phone and doing sod all about it.
Old May 9th 2018, 9:41 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy

^^This^^
Old May 9th 2018, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Our company policy is unless you work in the UK, you fly everywhere economy.

India in economy is fine, it's 2.5hours, emirates BC seats take that long to recline.