British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Compound prices and cost of living (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/compound-prices-cost-living-912670/)

Nathan14 May 11th 2018 9:47 pm

Compound prices and cost of living

How much would a 2/3 bed apartment/ villa would cost in a compound like Al Hamra Oasis Village in Riyadh or similar kind of compounds in Riyadh?

Also any idea about the cost of living for a family of four in Riyadh?

Many thanks

Nathan

nonthaburi May 12th 2018 3:06 pm

Re: Compound prices and cost of living

I would have thought you would be looking at 200-250k SAR a year and upwards on somewhere nice, and Al Hamra is nice, in a good location too, and perfect for the British School. There are many compounds dotted around Granada Mall area. It's worth shopping around in person because there a lot of expats leaving these day, or so it seems, so prices should be lower than previously(in theory)

Regards living costs. I lived in Riyadh for three years as a family of four. I would have though 5-8k SAR a month would cover it, depending on what you eat. There's not much to spend your money on really and expat life tends to revolve around compound life, whether it's yours or someone else's. Think more BBQs, pool parties, and BYOB, rather than fine dining. There is one well known establishment that has real booze for sale in the bar, which is pricey, but generally speaking, a night out in Riyadh isn't going to break the bank.

Nathan14 May 15th 2018 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12498199)
I would have thought you would be looking at 200-250k SAR a year and upwards on somewhere nice, and Al Hamra is nice, in a good location too, and perfect for the British School. There are many compounds dotted around Granada Mall area. It's worth shopping around in person because there a lot of expats leaving these day, or so it seems, so prices should be lower than previously(in theory)

Thank

Regards living costs. I lived in Riyadh for three years as a family of four. I would have though 5-8k SAR a month would cover it, depending on what you eat. There's not much to spend your money on really and expat life tends to revolve around compound life, whether it's yours or someone else's. Think more BBQs, pool parties, and BYOB, rather than fine dining. There is one well known establishment that has real booze for sale in the bar, which is pricey, but generally speaking, a night out in Riyadh isn't going to break the bank.

Thank you. I was thinking more like 15k per month.

nonthaburi May 16th 2018 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Nathan14 (Post 12500164)

Thank you. I was thinking more like 15k per month.

What do you eat??? that's around 3000GBP a month on food!!

Petrol, although it's gone up recently is still dirt cheap compared to the UK.

Nathan14 May 16th 2018 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12500653)
What do you eat??? that's around 3000GBP a month on food!!

Petrol, although it's gone up recently is still dirt cheap compared to the UK.

Lol! That the estimate I got from reading some of the threads.