Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Compound prices and cost of living

Compound prices and cost of living

Old May 11th 2018, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Nathan14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Compound prices and cost of living

How much would a 2/3 bed apartment/ villa would cost in a compound like Al Hamra Oasis Village in Riyadh or similar kind of compounds in Riyadh?

Also any idea about the cost of living for a family of four in Riyadh?

Many thanks

Nathan
Old May 12th 2018, 3:06 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compound prices and cost of living

I would have thought you would be looking at 200-250k SAR a year and upwards on somewhere nice, and Al Hamra is nice, in a good location too, and perfect for the British School. There are many compounds dotted around Granada Mall area. It's worth shopping around in person because there a lot of expats leaving these day, or so it seems, so prices should be lower than previously(in theory)

Regards living costs. I lived in Riyadh for three years as a family of four. I would have though 5-8k SAR a month would cover it, depending on what you eat. There's not much to spend your money on really and expat life tends to revolve around compound life, whether it's yours or someone else's. Think more BBQs, pool parties, and BYOB, rather than fine dining. There is one well known establishment that has real booze for sale in the bar, which is pricey, but generally speaking, a night out in Riyadh isn't going to break the bank.
Old May 15th 2018, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
I would have thought you would be looking at 200-250k SAR a year and upwards on somewhere nice, and Al Hamra is nice, in a good location too, and perfect for the British School. There are many compounds dotted around Granada Mall area. It's worth shopping around in person because there a lot of expats leaving these day, or so it seems, so prices should be lower than previously(in theory)

Thank

Regards living costs. I lived in Riyadh for three years as a family of four. I would have though 5-8k SAR a month would cover it, depending on what you eat. There's not much to spend your money on really and expat life tends to revolve around compound life, whether it's yours or someone else's. Think more BBQs, pool parties, and BYOB, rather than fine dining. There is one well known establishment that has real booze for sale in the bar, which is pricey, but generally speaking, a night out in Riyadh isn't going to break the bank.
Thank you. I was thinking more like 15k per month.
Old May 16th 2018, 6:26 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nathan14 View Post

Thank you. I was thinking more like 15k per month.
What do you eat??? that's around 3000GBP a month on food!!

Petrol, although it's gone up recently is still dirt cheap compared to the UK.
Old May 16th 2018, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
What do you eat??? that's around 3000GBP a month on food!!

Petrol, although it's gone up recently is still dirt cheap compared to the UK.
Lol! That the estimate I got from reading some of the threads.