Come on without.......

Old May 27th 2012, 5:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Come on without.......

....Come on within, you won't see nothin' like the might Quins!

What a fantastic result for the Harlequins yesterday.

I remember us getting relegated, I sadly remember the bloodgate scandal, but this is something I won't just remember, I will absolutely ****ing treasure.

What a bunch of lads.
Old May 27th 2012, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come on without.......

Originally Posted by Scamp

I remember us getting relegated, I sadly remember the bloodgate scandal, but this is something I won't just remember, I will absolutely ****ing treasure.

What a bunch of lads.
You're a Quins fan?? I had no idea..........

[I'm not, but it''s nice to find one]
Old May 27th 2012, 6:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
You're a Quins fan?? I had no idea..........

[I'm not, but it''s nice to find one]
Indeed.

Used to have season tickets with my Dad and go up for every game.

Turned up at the play off final a few seasons back (Leicester / Irish) in my Quins shirt and jester trousers. Turns out probably 25% of the people there did the same.

Brilliant.
Old May 27th 2012, 6:52 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

What a bunch of lads.
Good to see them get the title, I still don't agree with the play-off system at end of season.

I'd have enjoyed it all the more if Tom Williams had not been involved.
Old May 27th 2012, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Good to see them get the title, I still don't agree with the play-off system at end of season.

I'd have enjoyed it all the more if Tom Williams had not been involved.
Really?

I enjoyed it more because he got our opening try.

We are only the 3rd team to finish 1st and win the play offs. Last time we won the league we lost in the semi final at home to Irish. That hurt.

I don't agree with play-off finals for the grand winner really, but this year it doesn't matter because we were the best team for the marathon and for the sprint so I don't mind!
Old May 27th 2012, 7:50 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Really?

I enjoyed it more because he got our opening try.

We are only the 3rd team to finish 1st and win the play offs. Last time we won the league we lost in the semi final at home to Irish. That hurt.

I don't agree with play-off finals for the grand winner really, but this year it doesn't matter because we were the best team for the marathon and for the sprint so I don't mind!
I know a fair bit about the Bloodgate incident, let's just say I'm not a big fan of Williams.

As to the result though, all's well that ends well.
Old May 27th 2012, 7:55 am
Account Closed

I know a fair bit about the Bloodgate incident, let's just say I'm not a big fan of Williams.

Care to elaborate?

I know only what I've read and discussed with fellow Quins fans. He seemed to be used quite well by both sides.

TW aside, great all round performances, the last scrum against Leicester with their two fresh front rows and having our arses handed to us in every previous scrum just paid testament to the kind of player Quins have always created.
Old May 27th 2012, 8:37 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see the game, but good result for Harlequins and well done to O'Shea who has brought the club back after all the bloodgate stuff
Old May 27th 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I chatted to Dean Richards at the Andy Gomarsall charity dinner a couple of months back.......... he admitted his biggest regret was getting Williams involved. I pointed out that, despite his youth and inexperience, Williams still knew the difference between right and wrong, and should have told Richards to shove his blood capsule up his jacksy............ Richards grinned, and said 'he wouldn't dare'.

Anything you want to add, for either Scamp or myself?
Old May 27th 2012, 8:55 am
Account Closed

I chatted to Dean Richards at the Andy Gomarsall charity dinner a couple of months back.......... he admitted his biggest regret was getting Williams involved. I pointed out that, despite his youth and inexperience, Williams still knew the difference between right and wrong, and should have told Richards to shove his blood capsule up his jacksy............ Richards grinned, and said 'he wouldn't dare'.

Anything you want to add, for either Scamp or myself?
That's the impression I've always had.

Out the back of it, I've lost only a little respect for DR. He was a fantastic DoR for us and took us to places we had no right to be (top of the league, Heineken cup wins against Stade etc etc).

He did a good interview on the BBC website recently and was humble, apologetic and quite accepting of what he did and being so wrong in doing so. I hope he does well at Newcastle and fully expect that he will.
Old May 27th 2012, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's the impression I've always had.

Out the back of it, I've lost only a little respect for DR. He was a fantastic DoR for us and took us to places we had no right to be (top of the league, Heineken cup wins against Stade etc etc).

He did a good interview on the BBC website recently and was humble, apologetic and quite accepting of what he did and being so wrong in doing so. I hope he does well at Newcastle and fully expect that he will.
Totally agree. He must hang on to Gopperth though - they're useless without him......
Old May 27th 2012, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

so the cheat wins the league and the team that finish bottom don't get relegated because they're richer than those that won promotion ?
Old May 27th 2012, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sandboy
so the cheat wins the league and the team that finish bottom don't get relegated because they're richer than those that won promotion ?
Not quite as simple as that, but your point is well-taken.......... those of a cynical disposition might also point out that Williams isn't now and wasn't then a very good player, so Richards would have known that any punishment/ban imposed on him (Williams) wouldn't have inconvenienced the club too badly......

The promotion thing is something else, and is an utter disgrace.
Old May 27th 2012, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
Correct, kind of.

Quins made a mistake and tried to prosper in a dishonest manner. Paid the price and have now won the league.

Newcastle were lucky. London Welsh (I think it is), tried to get a ground share with a local footie team but the RFU weren't having it....for some reason, despite there being about 4 teams who share stadiums.

Feel for any promotion chasing league 1 team, unless you've an owner who can afford to build and run a big enough (10,000 capacity) stadium, you won't be getting Premiership rugby.
Old May 27th 2012, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite as simple as that, but your point is well-taken.......... those of a cynical disposition might also point out that Williams isn't now and wasn't then a very good player, so Richards would have known that any punishment/ban imposed on him (Williams) wouldn't have inconvenienced the club too badly......

The promotion thing is something else, and is an utter disgrace.
game played by gentlemen my arse..........

I expect Didier Drogba to turn up next season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.