British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Coffee Pod Things (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/coffee-pod-things-803735/)

Blue Cat Jul 24th 2013 8:30 am

Re: Coffee Pod Things

Scamp I just been to MOE, they have all the capsules with the machines in the electrical section :)

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2013 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10816311)
Scamp I just been to MOE, they have all the capsules with the machines in the electrical section :)

You are an angel. I did look there but they didn't have the machines anymore, maybe they've got more stock.

Thanks very much BC. :thumbsup:

Meow Jul 24th 2013 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10816126)
are you not classy? you don't lounge about :p

That's a verb.

Your house should have a sitting room, or a living room, not a lounge which is terribly declassé.

Standard have definitely slipped.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2013 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10816380)
That's a verb.

Your house should have a sitting room, or a living room, not a lounge which is terribly declassé.

Standard have definitely slipped.

I don't have either.

At best I have a sitting area or living area. It's a shared space, very modern, very 21st Century, very nouveau 'classy'. ;)

Meow Jul 24th 2013 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10816116)
Wrong.

You know nothing child. Sitting on a settee in a lounge is very vulgar.

You may have a sofa or couch in your living/sitting/drawing room. It's as bad as saying serviette in place of napkin.

You do want to improve yourself don't you? :cool:

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2013 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10816386)
You know nothing child. Sitting on a settee in a lounge is very vulgar.

You may have a sofa or couch in your living/sitting/drawing room. It's as bad as saying serviette in place of napkin.

You do want to improve yourself don't you? :cool:

Hang about.

I don't say settee, I say sofa...it sounds cooler.
I'd love a drawing room but one-beds have the issue of not being supplied with them...bastards eh?
Serviette actually sounds nicer than napkin I think, but I say or use, neither. Why waste a perfectly useful sleeve? Either that or eat spaghetti without a shirt on. Visitors especially like that.

With every day I become an even more impressive human, it's not something I can do much about but it's my cross to bear...I'm sure you'll understand.

Meow Jul 24th 2013 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10816389)
Hang about.

I don't say settee, I say sofa...it sounds cooler.
I'd love a drawing room but one-beds have the issue of not being supplied with them...bastards eh?
Serviette actually sounds nicer than napkin I think, but I say or use, neither. Why waste a perfectly useful sleeve? Either that or eat spaghetti without a shirt on. Visitors especially like that.

With every day I become an even more impressive human, it's not something I can do much about but it's my cross to bear...I'm sure you'll understand.

Serviette is a silly French pretention. Very Hyacinth Bucket.

Try eating your spaghetti in the bath. That works very well with ripe peaches.

It sounds as if you are living in the staff quarters... :cool:

Blue Cat Jul 24th 2013 9:33 am

I am in my living room on my sofa with a napkin .... is this correct? and you used to call me Anthea!

Meow Jul 24th 2013 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10816409)
I am in my living room on my sofa with a napkin .... is this correct? and you used to call me Anthea!

Very good BC. I don't think I meant it as a compliment and somewhere I still have that hideous book, I think. Or I might have burned it...

:p

Blue Cat Jul 24th 2013 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10816412)
Very good BC. I don't think I meant it as a compliment and somewhere I still have that hideous book, I think. Or I might have burned it...

:p

I thought you had given it back to me but I can't find it anywhere, I have had my Anthea head on today, you want to see how organised this kitchen is!

Meow Jul 24th 2013 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10816417)
I thought you had given it back to me but I can't find it anywhere, I have had my Anthea head on today, you want to see how organised this kitchen is!

Bored then? Perhaps you should take up golf?

;)

Blue Cat Jul 24th 2013 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10816419)
Bored then? Perhaps you should take up golf?

;)

tragically bored :) golf, never :thumbdown:

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2013 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10816396)
Serviette is a silly French pretention. Very Hyacinth Bucket.

Try eating your spaghetti in the bath. That works very well with ripe peaches.

It sounds as if you are living in the staff quarters... :cool:

"Spag bol" is something that annoys me, just say Bolognese or spaghetti Bolognese.

Top 5 dinners for the bath tub:

Spaghetti
Chicken Wings

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10816420)
golf, never :thumbdown:

36 holes this weekend, both rounds around midday...will be nice and toasty warm. Sure you're not interested in a sunbathing sport?

Blue Cat Jul 24th 2013 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10816446)
"Spag bol" is something that annoys me, just say Bolognese or spaghetti Bolognese.

Top 5 dinners for the bath tub:

Spaghetti
Chicken Wings

36 holes this weekend, both rounds around midday...will be nice and toasty warm. Sure you're not interested in a sunbathing sport?

absolutely positive, I will go to Wild Wadi :thumbsup:

flares Jul 24th 2013 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10816380)

let's just call it a Majlis :thumbup: