British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Clubbing friends (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/clubbing-friends-654531/)

Nadine86 Feb 12th 2010 6:27 pm

Clubbing friends

Ok so I am finally starting to settle both professionally and personally I now only need to start widening my social circle a little bit more and build up those who will go out drinking and dancing with me.

Working for a majority Muslim company, most of the friends that I make do not go out drinking or dancing :( hence this post

zamboooka Feb 13th 2010 6:45 am

Re: Clubbing friends

Originally Posted by Nadine86 (Post 8336633)
Ok so I am finally starting to settle both professionally and personally I now only need to start widening my social circle a little bit more and build up those who will go out drinking and dancing with me.

Working for a majority Muslim company, most of the friends that I make do not go out drinking or dancing :( hence this post

im sure you can make friends AT the club!!

be a lil picky about it though ;)

Nadine86 Feb 13th 2010 6:53 am

Haha thanks but you know that I'm a bit of a grandma when it comes to these things. Glad to see that you are still alive, haven't heard from you in a while :)

zamboooka Feb 13th 2010 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Nadine86 (Post 8338073)
Haha thanks but you know that I'm a bit of a grandma when it comes to these things. Glad to see that you are still alive, haven't heard from you in a while :)

and kickin...

lionheart Feb 13th 2010 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Nadine86 (Post 8338073)

Had assumed from your Username that you were still in your twenties. You really ought to consider getting involved in a sports or social club rather than meeting people at night clubs where they are generally pissed.

Nadine86 Feb 13th 2010 10:44 am

Be assured it is not my intention to meet pissed up people in clubs. I would rather meet people and then go clubbing with them after I've known them for a bit.

Millhouse Feb 13th 2010 11:26 am

I was hoping this thread was about hurting seals.

shakh your bootie Feb 13th 2010 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8338435)
I was hoping this thread was about hurting seals.

Haha - puts me in mind of an old Half-man Half-biscuit song....

Not as wonderful as the seminal "Time flies by when you're the driver of a train..."

kittycat1 Feb 14th 2010 3:00 am

Hi Nadine,

I was told about the Bridget Jones club the other week- I haven't looked into it properly but basically its a group of single women in Dubai that meet up and do various stuff- a real mix of ages but basically women out here who want to meet like minded people- the site is www.thebridgets.com for more info. I was gonna check it out when i get a minute so if you do let me know what you think- If I do first I'l let you know if its a young womens institute or quite fun.

xxx

Blue Cat Feb 14th 2010 5:06 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8340016)
Hi Nadine,

I was told about the Bridget Jones club the other week- I haven't looked into it properly but basically its a group of single women in Dubai that meet up and do various stuff- a real mix of ages but basically women out here who want to meet like minded people- the site is www.thebridgets.com for more info. I was gonna check it out when i get a minute so if you do let me know what you think- If I do first I'l let you know if its a young womens institute or quite fun.

xxx

it is a money making racket, you have to pay to join etc

kittycat1 Feb 14th 2010 5:10 am

Bluecat,

oh- and is it worth the money? I guess you're not going to say yes after your above reply- does anyoe know anyone whos a member?

KCx

Blue Cat Feb 14th 2010 5:13 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8340127)
Bluecat,

oh- and is it worth the money? I guess you're not going to say yes after your above reply- does anyoe know anyone whos a member?

KCx

it used to be great when Gail ran it but she left years ago. I don't even know if it is still running. It is a spin off of expatwoman.

Madam Medusa Feb 14th 2010 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8340134)
it used to be great when Gail ran it but she left years ago. I don't even know if it is still running. It is a spin off of expatwoman.

i thought it stopped yonks ago...i don't think it was a clubbing kinda group either, was it...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Feb 14th 2010 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8340676)
i thought it stopped yonks ago...i don't think it was a clubbing kinda group either, was it...

MM, xx

not as such but it did give people the opportunity for them to meet other girls who would go nightclubbing :)

Madam Medusa Feb 14th 2010 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8340682)
not as such but it did give people the opportunity for them to meet other girls who would go nightclubbing :)

i always got the impression they were much older...maybe it's just cos i associated them with with ew...

MM, xx