Reload this Page >

clearance letter from bank - visa cancellation

clearance letter from bank - visa cancellation

Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:03 am
Just Joined

aussieallalone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default clearance letter from bank - visa cancellation

hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows if i need a clearance letter or anything like that to have my visa cancelled?

thanks

Last edited by aussieallalone; Aug 9th 2013 at 4:13 am.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:10 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: clearance letter from bank - visa cancellation

Originally Posted by aussieallalone
hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows if i need a clearance letter or anything like that to have my visa cancelled?

thanks
As long as no loans are tied to the company.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

thanks
Sweetie...just go xx
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Sweetie...just go xx
Exactly. If you are considering defaulting on the loan, then you're not coming back to the UAE. I wouldn't worry about cancelling the visa...
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
As long as no loans are tied to the company.
Not forgetting that cancelling the visa will trigger a notification to the bank and potentially accelerate the default. Better to not bother as it gives you some chance of trying to fix the loan when you are away.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Exactly. If you are considering defaulting on the loan, then you're not coming back to the UAE. I wouldn't worry about cancelling the visa...
i want to be clear that that is not what am considering at all.
i work in HR so just leaving is completely against my work ethic and morals. however i dont really have a choice if my employer required a clearance letter from the bank.

if they do require a clearance letter i will just have to simply leave. if they do not, i can resign effective immediately and have my visa cancelled and go...
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Not forgetting that cancelling the visa will trigger a notification to the bank and potentially accelerate the default. Better to not bother as it gives you some chance of trying to fix the loan when you are away.
ok this makes sense now. im torn about whether to tell my manager just before i leave...you know like a quick phone call "hey gotta leave here my laptop and BB" or do i just leave my stuff at work and write an email...
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i want to be clear that that is not what am considering at all.
i work in HR so just leaving is completely against my work ethic and morals. however i dont really have a choice if my employer required a clearance letter from the bank.

if they do require a clearance letter i will just have to simply leave. if they do not, i can resign effective immediately and have my visa cancelled and go...
The chances are they will not just cancel your visa. They will be difficult, hold you to a notice period, take you passport and take ages to return etc. Cancelling the visa is the least of your problems.

If you just abscond then the visa cancels after 6 months and you get a year ban. If you don't pay the loan you get a lifetime ban...

I don't care if you pay off the loan or not, what I'm saying is that if you are going to leave the loan behind an uncancelled visa really is nothing to worry about.

So my advice stands - leave now, phone in sick for a week while you make a decision and sort this out with a clear head. You never know, you may end up returning after the week once you have figured out how to deal with all of this. I don't see the point in putting the torch to the bridge right now.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

The queston of a bank being "notified" presumably applies only to banks where the salary is transferred, if the OP has loans from bank(s) where the salary is not transferred, I am not sure why/how they would be notified
Old Aug 10th 2013, 7:05 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

The chances are they will not just cancel your visa. They will be difficult, hold you to a notice period, take you passport and take ages to return etc. Cancelling the visa is the least of your problems.

If you just abscond then the visa cancels after 6 months and you get a year ban. If you don't pay the loan you get a lifetime ban...

I don't care if you pay off the loan or not, what I'm saying is that if you are going to leave the loan behind an uncancelled visa really is nothing to worry about.

So my advice stands - leave now, phone in sick for a week while you make a decision and sort this out with a clear head. You never know, you may end up returning after the week once you have figured out how to deal with all of this. I don't see the point in putting the torch to the bridge right now.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Sweetie...we are all telling you the same thing... Just go and sort it out once you are home. When things go wrong here, they go wrong in a spectacular manner..you could end up with, your passport confiscated, no job, no visa, no money, no way to pay off your debt and no way to get home to your Father...just go!! xx