British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-868940/)

IKnowNothing Dec 9th 2015 7:56 am

Re: Christmas

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11810738)
What did she give him for Christmas?

Herpes?

Millhouse Dec 9th 2015 9:13 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 11810760)
Herpes?

I was thinking some Truffle Butter.

:rofl:

TheShed Dec 9th 2015 4:03 pm

Staying here as we normally do as both of my grown up boys and my lovely Daughter in law live here as well. As usual, my gorgeous daughter who lives in London will be here which I love as her Xmas spirit is totally infectious.

Slight change this year in that I'm in UK next weekend for my firms xmas party (yes some firms are still doing well) and my sisters grand Xmas thing. Back here on 24th morning to kick off the festivities.

I was a real snow, frost, turkey kinda Xmas guy for years but after 12 Christmas's in the Gulf I love it here.

btw! Both of my parents are no longer with us and I can't stand my brother so not that much for me I. U.K. To be honest.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 10th 2015 3:57 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 11811080)
Staying here as we normally do as both of my grown up boys and my lovely Daughter in law live here as well. As usual, my gorgeous daughter who lives in London will be here which I love as her Xmas spirit is totally infectious.

Slight change this year in that I'm in UK next weekend for my firms xmas party (yes some firms are still doing well) and my sisters grand Xmas thing. Back here on 24th morning to kick off the festivities.

I was a real snow, frost, turkey kinda Xmas guy for years but after 12 Christmas's in the Gulf I love it here.

btw! Both of my parents are no longer with us and I can't stand my brother so not that much for me I. U.K. To be honest.

Sounds like you'll have a great one mate, hope you enjoy.

Brains1983 Dec 10th 2015 5:55 am

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11809989)
Two massive hams sounds incredible. :thumbup:

I did an entire pig in the back garden last year. Our Muslim neighbors were rather curious.

I'm flying out next weekend for 3 weeks beside Balneário Camboriú in the south of Brazil. Can't wait.

al dente Dec 10th 2015 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11810782)
I was thinking some Truffle Butter.

:rofl:

If that is anything like 'dragon butter', I ain't googling.

Bahtatboy Dec 10th 2015 7:04 am

Will be home for Xmas and NY, as always. Will be first one without all 3 Bahtatsprogs, since Bahtatsprog#1 has well and truly flown the nest to Oz. Must order the turkey...2 Christmas puds already in hand, all pressies bought (Amazon and Achica). I prefer it when Christmas Day falls on a Sunday or Monday, so I can fly back on Christmas Eve or the day before and everything's already prepared.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 10th 2015 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11811470)
I did an entire pig in the back garden last year. Our Muslim neighbors were rather curious.

I'm flying out next weekend for 3 weeks beside Balneário Camboriú in the south of Brazil. Can't wait.

Looks awesome (the pig I mean).

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11811495)
Will be home for Xmas and NY, as always. Will be first one without all 3 Bahtatsprogs, since Bahtatsprog#1 has well and truly flown the nest to Oz. Must order the turkey...2 Christmas puds already in hand, all pressies bought (Amazon and Achica). I prefer it when Christmas Day falls on a Sunday or Monday, so I can fly back on Christmas Eve or the day before and everything's already prepared.

:thumbup:

I get annoyed with Achica type sites because they bombard you with emails.

I'm trying to order my usual calendar for my Granny (it's dedicated entirely to me with just pictures of me accompanying each month, she loves it) but Apple are making it near enough impossible. :sneaky:

Bahtatboy Dec 10th 2015 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11811500)
I get annoyed with Achica type sites because they bombard you with emails.

My Hotmail inbox total currently stands at 24,828, so another 1 a day from Achica's not going to make much difference. I probably use it more for inspiration than purchase, since you can often find the same things cheaper via Froogle, although there are some eclectic bargains from time to time (boxed set of 10 French corkscrew/knives sorted Xmas pressies for my colleagues in one fell swoop); the worst thing about Achica is delivery times.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 10th 2015 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11811507)
My Hotmail inbox total currently stands at 24,828, so another 1 a day from Achica's not going to make much difference. I probably use it more for inspiration than purchase, since you can often find the same things cheaper via Froogle, although there are some eclectic bargains from time to time (boxed set of 10 French corkscrew/knives sorted Xmas pressies for my colleagues in one fell swoop); the worst thing about Achica is delivery times.

Fair enough. My googlemail is tidy but my work inbox is the chaotic one.

Millhouse Dec 10th 2015 8:11 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 11811484)
If that is anything like 'dragon butter', I ain't googling.

Truffle butter is what you put on steaks in nice restaurants. I have no idea what you are thinking it could be as I have an innocent mind. ;)

It is also the name of one of my favourite Minaj songs:

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 10th 2015 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11811521)
f one of my favourite Minaj songs:

Shame on you.