Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Chris Gayle and the death of Test Cricket?

Chris Gayle and the death of Test Cricket?

Old May 14th 2009, 3:04 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chris Gayle and the death of Test Cricket?

So Chris Gayle is saying he won't be sorry to see the end of test Cricket and the only people that would be upset would be a couple of english men.

Personally I love Test Cricket and it is this form that produces a better player both technically and mentally.

Would we really want to see the Ashes reduced to 5 matches of 20/20 in the future?

As much as 20/20 is exciting, (and I can undesstand why people like this form of the game) it still is a slogfest and nothing else in my opinion.

Would anyone else like to see test Cricket go?

I think it would be an outrage if it ever did.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Chris Gayle and the death of Test Cricket?

No way. test is the only real cricket. 20/20 is baseball.
Old May 14th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BangleMan
So Chris Gayle is saying he won't be sorry to see the end of test Cricket and the only people that would be upset would be a couple of english men.

Personally I love Test Cricket and it is this form that produces a better player both technically and mentally.

Would we really want to see the Ashes reduced to 5 matches of 20/20 in the future?

As much as 20/20 is exciting, (and I can undesstand why people like this form of the game) it still is a slogfest and nothing else in my opinion.

Would anyone else like to see test Cricket go?

I think it would be an outrage if it ever did.
Test cricket is the best by a long way, 5 days of play and the posibility of no one winning, cant beat that, best game ever...

I think there is a place for all forms but I think that 20/20 will saturate itself over the next 5 years or so, it is a great spectacle and if it brings in new supporters then that is excellent, especially in the counties...

Test cricket will survive and hopefully thrive, England let slip the support and groundswell post Ashes 05 by selling out to Sky and taking the longer form of the game away from a mass audience, lets hope they dont sell out again...

Viva le test cricket
Old May 14th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

THIS is a heartbreaking sentence to write but it is the inescapable truth Test cricket is in big trouble.

We get grim arm-wrestling matches on featureless wickets.

After 131 years it definately won't die overnight - she might not even die at all.

But she will be systematically downgraded by a thousand small cuts and it's started already.

(quotes from daily telegraph)
Old May 14th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a competition to see who can start the most pointless thread?
Old May 14th 2009, 8:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
You won that by a mile......
Old May 14th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seven seas
Dont mess with the cricket, muchos important game...