Chinese Tonight

Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chinese Tonight

I know we all have been through various phone misunderstandings but this one is class. We moved recently and last week I decided to order chinese takeaway from the place we have always used. He asked for the telephone number which I gave him - he then repeated the old address, I said that we had moved but kept the same telephone number but that our new address was xxxx and explained how to get here. Anyway he hadn't heard of Al Sufouh and thought that I meant Al Safa, which is fair enough. Anyway I said not to bother as I was pretty sure the food would end up at the old place.

So today I thought we would order chinese for tonight so because of last weeks phone call I drove up to the restaurant and explained the situation and drew a map to the new place. They didn't understand the map so the guy on the bike followed me all the way home so he would know where to come this evening!!

Excellent customer service - LOTUS LILY - 04 323 3818
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chinese Tonight

I once tried ordering from a chinese restaurant which was, I kid you not, in the same building, but they didnt understand! After 20 minutes on the phone I just went to get it myself.

And yes, I know I am lazy.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
I once tried ordering from a chinese restaurant which was, I kid you not, in the same building, but they didnt understand! After 20 minutes on the phone I just went to get it myself.

I lived in the same building as Round Table Pizza for years, they even used to bring me cigarettes to the pool when I ran out. Shameful
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:59 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know we all have been through various phone misunderstandings but this one is class. We moved recently and last week I decided to order chinese takeaway from the place we have always used. He asked for the telephone number which I gave him - he then repeated the old address, I said that we had moved but kept the same telephone number but that our new address was xxxx and explained how to get here. Anyway he hadn't heard of Al Sufouh and thought that I meant Al Safa, which is fair enough. Anyway I said not to bother as I was pretty sure the food would end up at the old place.

So today I thought we would order chinese for tonight so because of last weeks phone call I drove up to the restaurant and explained the situation and drew a map to the new place. They didn't understand the map so the guy on the bike followed me all the way home so he would know where to come this evening!!

Excellent customer service - LOTUS LILY - 04 323 3818
**** the service, what about the food?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

You lazy cockmeister.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

I lived in the same building as Round Table Pizza for years, they even used to bring me cigarettes to the pool when I ran out. Shameful
My mate in the toon once ordered 2 bags of chips from the chinese, he lived NEXT DOOR and he paid £1.50 to have them delivered,

when I asked him why he simply said 'why man, James Bond was on the tele, I wasn't missing any of that, it was Octopussy man'
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
**** the service, what about the food?
absolutely fantastic!! not the cheapest take-away by any means but brilliant!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Oe round table, used to love that place. The order taker at the garhoud branch just needed to hear my voice and he knew exactly what I wanted and where to deliver

KFC was on speed dial as well, hail to the mighty zinger

Same was the local fast food joint, arab taste (the names are all the same) for the occasional burgers/fries/wraps/sandwiches/salads/name it they have it.

Oh, and freshly squized watermelon juice from the dodgy Indian restaurant around the corner. Dont think I would ever eat there, but that juice.. my god
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

absolutely fantastic!! not the cheapest take-away by any means but brilliant!
How came I can never find a good old English Chinese over here? You know, the sweet and sour pork balls in thick and red syruppy sauce type of thing...
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
How came I can never find a good old English Chinese over here? You know, the sweet and sour pork balls in thick and red syruppy sauce type of thing...
No 24 - Sweet and Sour chicken - 34.00 dhs
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

No 24 - Sweet and Sour chicken - 34.00 dhs
That's the proper european ve-tsin style chinese dish?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:19 pm
Concierge

That's the proper european ve-tsin style chinese dish?
I don't know what it is but it's lush!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:27 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
We've had this discussion before. That is Chinglish food and believe me, 'proper' sweet & sour pork isn't available in Dubai. You can get great authentic Chinese food, but they are totally different.

-
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:36 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
We've had this discussion before. That is Chinglish food and believe me, 'proper' sweet & sour pork isn't available in Dubai. You can get great authentic Chinese food, but they are totally different.

-
this place serves lunch too! let's go next time you are up here and check the sweet and sour out, I know what you mean though it aint the same.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:40 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

this place serves lunch too! let's go next time you are up here and check the sweet and sour out, I know what you mean though it aint the same.
Good plan - it's a date.

We won't have to put sordid pics on FB though, will we?

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.