Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Child marriage in Iran & KSA

Child marriage in Iran & KSA

Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:03 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child marriage in Iran & KSA

Originally Posted by Alexa
I find it very tedious that, when something that puts Islam or
Muslims in a negative light,SOME people, instead of discussing the subject at hand, make some rather strange comparisons to the West. Why? Are they not able to just discuss the subject in question? Makes SOME people look rather silly.
You cannot and never will reason with fanatical Muslims, No more than you could any hardliners in any religion. The educated ones who can think for themselves mostly don't bother with a lot of aspects of their Religion, and follow the faith with their interpretation and doing their best to be a good person. You try and Question a scientologist, now they are nuts and completely brain washed.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
You cannot and never will reason with fanatical Muslims, No more than you could any hardliners in any religion. The educated ones who can think for themselves mostly don't bother with a lot of aspects of their Religion, and follow the faith with their interpretation and doing their best to be a good person. You try and Question a scientologist, now they are nuts and completely brain washed.
This springs to mind : Those who come to a conclusion by a process without rational, logical thought, cannot be dissuaded from that conclusion by logical, rational argument.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:22 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Professional Logician monologue

Good evening.

The last scene was interesting from the point of view of a professional logician because it contained a number of logical fallacies; that is, invalid propositional constructions and syllogistic forms, of the type so often committed by my wife. "All wood burns," states Sir Be******. "Therefore," he concludes, "all that burns is wood." This is, of course, pure bullshit. Universal affirmatives can only be partially converted: all of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan. "Oh yes," one would think.

However, my wife does not understand this necessary limitation of the conversion of a proposition; consequently, she does not understand me. For how can a woman expect to appreciate a professor of logic, if the simplest cloth-eared syllogism causes her to flounder.

For example, given the premise, "all fish live underwater" and "all mackerel are fish", my wife will conclude, not that "all mackerel live underwater", but that "if she buys kippers it will not rain", or that "trout live in trees", or even that "I do not love her any more." This she calls "using her intuition". I call it "crap", and it gets me very *irritated* because it is not logical.

"There will be no supper tonight," she will sometimes cry upon my return home. "Why not?" I will ask. "Because I have been screwing the milkman all day," she will say, quite oblivious of the howling error she has made. "But," I will wearily point out, "even given that the activities of screwing the milkman and getting supper are mutually exclusive, now that the screwing is over, surely then, supper may, logically, be got." "You don't love me any more," she will now often postulate. "If you did, you would give me one now and again, so that I would not have to rely on that rancid Pakistani for my orgasms." "I will give you one after you have got me my supper," I now usually scream, "but not before" -- as you understand, making her bang contingent on the arrival of my supper.

"God, you turn me on when you're angry, you ancient brute!" she now mysteriously deduces, forcing her sweetly throbbing tongue down my throat. "**** supper!" I now invariably conclude, throwing logic somewhat joyously to the four winds, and so we thrash about on our milk-stained floor, transported by animal passion, until we sink back, exhausted, onto the cartons of yoghurt.

I'm afraid I seem to have strayed somewhat from my original brief. But in a nutshell:

Sex is more fun than logic -- one cannot prove this, but it "is" in the same sense that Mount Everest "is", or that Alma Cogan "isn't".

Goodnight.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:08 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Interestingly, and I'm not justifying this, they think the same of us when they see the hypocrisy in our societies.
The difference is we will admit to hypocrisy in our societies...and we put people who have sex with children in jail when we catch them.

N.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
without two nuclear bombs millions of Japanese and Americans would have been killed because Japan would have needed to be invaded and fully conquered (like Germany) before it would have surrendered.
So with Japan nobody (apart from the two bombs' victims) was killed, all those millions were just killed in Europe and N Africa?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot and never will reason with fanatical Muslims...
That's rather how I feel about right wing Daily Mail readers...
Old Aug 31st 2012, 10:35 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
That's rather how I feel about right wing Daily Mail readers...
Since they stopped the daily sport what else are we to read?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:56 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on.

There are many people who are part of a religion but don't follow it to the letter.

My only objection to them is that if you were a member of a political party that had so much bigotry, sexism, murder and death on it's hands you'd resign in protest. However I also understand for some religions it's tied in with the culture and is hard to leave without giving up everything...that and the fact that one religion proscribes death for leaving.

I was speaking to a friend about Scientology today oddly enough. Scary stuff.

N.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas
So with Japan nobody (apart from the two bombs' victims) was killed, all those millions were just killed in Europe and N Africa?
What kind of a stupid question is that? You know perfectly well millions died in Europe and North Africa.

In fact, having just seen how millions died, and millions more suffered injury and starvation just to take down the Third Reich it's not hard to see why the US dropped two nukes on Japan and ended the war before another round of millions dead began.

Would you rather have seen the estimated five to ten million dead (and countless injured, maimed and missing) from a land invasion of Japan than a few hundred thousand of the people who started it?

N.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 11:15 am
Shark Fisherman

Spot on.

There are many people who are part of a religion but don't follow it to the letter.

My only objection to them is that if you were a member of a political party that had so much bigotry, sexism, murder and death on it's hands you'd resign in protest. However I also understand for some religions it's tied in with the culture and is hard to leave without giving up everything...that and the fact that one religion proscribes death for leaving.

I was speaking to a friend about Scientology today oddly enough. Scary stuff.

N.
And Scientology has managed to take the collection plate to a whole new level......

You should avoid the death sentence for converting these days provided you avoid Iran, Saudi and Luton.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

In fact, having just seen how millions died, and millions more suffered injury and starvation just to take down the Third Reich it's not hard to see why the US dropped two nukes on Japan and ended the war before another round of millions dead began.
Wow so they consulted their crystal ball and saw that Japan would take millions of deaths to subdue.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I really fail to see what this has to do with children being legally raped and abused. I know it's the Sand Pit but really?
Old Sep 1st 2012, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I really fail to see what this has to do with children being legally raped and abused. I know it's the Sand Pit but really?
Agree. But see, this is what generally happens over here...there is a post about something bad in connection with Islam...then some people post about bad things the West has done. It is hardly ever possible to properly discuss the original post, as some people simply have to divert.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 2:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Agree. But see, this is what generally happens over here...there is a post about something bad in connection with Islam...then some people post about bad things the West has done. It is hardly ever possible to properly discuss the original post, as some people simply have to divert.
Same type of nonsense happens across the boards especially in the off topic forums, although not about Islam obviously It just gets bloody irritating when the OP is on a serious subject though.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Same type of nonsense happens across the boards especially in the off topic forums, although not about Islam obviously It just gets bloody irritating when the OP is on a serious subject though.
Indeed !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.