Cheating Ferrari

Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:59 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheating Ferrari

If that had been Jensen Button slowing down to let Lewis Hamilton pass, the McLaren team would most probably have lost the entire 43 points for first and second place and received at least a three match ban. Ferrari get a small fine, bloody typical. F1 stands for Ferrari One it seems to me!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/260720...rrari-far.html
Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheating Ferrari

Ferrari just pointed out that Alonso was going faster than Massa, nothing wrong with that. Issue should be with the drivers...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Ferrari just pointed out that Alonso was going faster than Massa, nothing wrong with that. Issue should be with the drivers...
So why did the Ferrari racing director say "thank you" to Massa afterwards? Don't be silly. It was cheating and you know it. Otherwise they would have lodged an appeal against the fine. They got away lightly...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...ipe-Massa.html

Last edited by lionheart; Jul 26th 2010 at 1:07 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right LH.

And there's one simple solution (which I mentioned years ago to Damon Hill at a charity lunch)...............

......reduce each 'team' to one car.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:28 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

It is nice to see F1 looking to professional wrestling as its role model...

Soon there'll be an episode where it'll look like the champ is down and out, but suddenly the former champion will appear out of nowhere and come out of retirement to distract everyone, while the new champ wins again.

Oh wait...
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

why do I not see any issue with this? It's a team sport, you do the right thing for the team?

In my mind it's no different to subbing football players who are still ok to give the other guy a go to improve the team position / result.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
why do I not see any issue with this? It's a team sport, you do the right thing for the team?

In my mind it's no different to subbing football players who are still ok to give the other guy a go to improve the team position / result.
Except that the F1 rules, which all teams have agreed to, specifically prohibit any team order that changes the outcome of the race. And Ferrari knows better, because they got in trouble for this before (Michael/Reubens). Earlier in the race they could have pretended to cock up Massa's tire stop and give Alonso the lead that way. Doing it by radio call is way too obvious for even Ferrari to get away with it completely.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Except that the F1 rules, which all teams have agreed to, specifically prohibit any team order that changes the outcome of the race. And Ferrari knows better, because they got in trouble for this before (Michael/Reubens). Earlier in the race they could have pretended to cock up Massa's tire stop and give Alonso the lead that way. Doing it by radio call is way too obvious for even Ferrari to get away with it completely.
I knew someone would pick me up on that point ... I don't like rules then.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

If the whinging Spi....sorry, Alonso was quicker than Massa, why did he not drive round him then? The unfortunate fact of the matter is that without Ferrari, F1 would lose a lot of viewers and sponsorship which is why they get away with this time and time again. But with Jean Todt as head of the FIA, and also ex Ferrari Scuderia boss, it would be unlikely they'd get hit too hard. I'd love to see another team do the same thing and get the same punishment.Methinks it won't happen.....