Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Champions League Final then...

Wikiposts

Champions League Final then...

Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League Final then...

Originally Posted by The Dean
OK.........

A quick opinion poll/sweep thingy..........

"How many English or England-qualified players will be in the starting 22?"

I say 8......... how say you?
there will probably be 5 in the United starting line-up
Brown, Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick (or Hargreaves), Rooney

Chelski will probably have 2
Terry, Cole.

so only 7
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:33 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I know it was a gross exagerration....

This is what really pisses me off with Chelsea....they always were a small London club. When I was a kid, living in London you never, and I mean never saw any kid in a Chelsea shirt. I went to school with 300 boys and not one can I remember was a Chelsea fan

The yo-yo'd between the 1st and 2nd divisions constantly, and had a shite ground / pitch. Their attendances were 15,000 / 16,000 a week at best.

Abramovich comes along and saves them from extinction at the 11th hour, and I honestly have no problem with that or the amount of money they have spent or success they have had

What really "gets my goat" is that if you go to the ground it is so commercial / so corporate, there are fans there, who wouldnt have touched them with a barge pole years ago, and who know **** all about the club or its history, they are just attracted to them because of the big name players

They will NEVER be a big club, no matter what Peter Kenyon tries to tell you, because on a "support" level in London and surrounding areas, let alone elsewhere they are way behind Arsenal, Spurs, & West Ham

Its not a jealousy thing at all....good luck to them

I know that I go to West Ham as a life long fan, I dont expect them to win a trophy or get to a final, I go to to watch attractive football (dont always get it mind you !), and I sit next to the same people I have sat next to for years and who's father's sat there before them.....I cant imagine there are many "life long Chelsea fans" over Stamford Bridge !
and lets not forget 'cuddly' ken bates who wanted electrified fences around the supporters. He is a real piece of shite.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:34 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

Terry, Cole.

so only 7
and lampard
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

This is what really pisses me off with Chelsea....they always were a small London club. When I was a kid, living in London you never, and I mean never saw any kid in a Chelsea shirt. I went to school with 300 boys and not one can I remember was a Chelsea fan

The yo-yo'd between the 1st and 2nd divisions constantly, and had a shite ground / pitch. Their attendances were 15,000 / 16,000 a week at best.

Abramovich comes along and saves them from extinction at the 11th hour, and I honestly have no problem with that or the amount of money they have spent or success they have had

What really "gets my goat" is that if you go to the ground it is so commercial / so corporate, there are fans there, who wouldnt have touched them with a barge pole years ago, and who know **** all about the club or its history, they are just attracted to them because of the big name players

They will NEVER be a big club, no matter what Peter Kenyon tries to tell you, because on a "support" level in London and surrounding areas, let alone elsewhere they are way behind Arsenal, Spurs, & West Ham

I know that I go to West Ham as a life long fan, I dont expect them to win a trophy or get to a final, I go to to watch attractive football (dont always get it mind you !), and I sit next to the same people I have sat next to for years and who's father's sat there before them.....I cant imagine there are many "life long Chelsea fans" over Stamford Bridge !
don't you mean Essex where your local club was the Daggers?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read a post by Bangleman.

I agreed with every word of it.

Those are not two sentences I ever thought I'd write.

Spot on, my Luton-hating chum.

And I'd query LH's assertion that there were 58,000 there when they played Leeds in 1969-70-71-ish (?). I know it could take that many way back when but not at that time, surely?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:38 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

don't you mean Essex where your local club was the Daggers?
They didnt exist when I was a kid.....or not that I know of anyway ?

Besides, I dont like their kit !
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:40 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I have just read a post by Bangleman.

I agreed with every word of it.

Those are not two sentences I ever thought I'd write.

Spot on, my Luton-hating chum.

And I'd query LH's assertion that there were 58,000 there when they played Leeds in 1969-70-71-ish (?). I know it could take that many way back when but not at that time, surely?
I dont hate Luton....pity them, maybe....lol

Mind you, I did hate Steve Foster (the headband wearing shirtlifter) and Ricky Hil.....not to mention that goon, Mick Harford at the time
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:52 pm
Hammer for Life

Benitez really is a Dumb Spanish Waiter......winds up Drogba = Scores 2 Goals...

Criticises Italian Referee......Ref gives Chelsea a Penalty...
Ref denies stone wall penalty for foul/trip of hyypia in Chelsea box...

Maybe benitez will watch his mouth in future...

...and what about his substitutions...no real striker on ..when they needed to get 2 goals...

Benitez out...???.....Is Mourinho in the frame ...???Or better still maybe Curbishley and the Hammers can have Jose instead .....(cant live in hope I suppose !)
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Benitez out...???.....Is Mourinho in the frame ...???Or better still maybe Curbishley and the Hammers can have Jose instead .....(cant live in hope I suppose !)
You are more than welcome to Sven Goran Ericsson
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Benitez really is a Dumb Spanish Waiter......winds up Drogba = Scores 2 Goals...

Criticises Italian Referee......Ref gives Chelsea a Penalty...
Ref denies stone wall penalty for foul/trip of hyypia in Chelsea box...

Maybe benitez will watch his mouth in future...

...and what about his substitutions...no real striker on ..when they needed to get 2 goals...

Nah Mourinho won't go to a club where there is going to be no dosh to spend. and Liverpool won't have much until they sort out their ownership.

quite amusing considering how the took the proverbial when Glazier took over at OT.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:00 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
You are more than welcome to Sven Goran Ericsson
Your lunatic Owner must be mad......City have been crap for years, and SGE has done wonders there.....good case of the grass is always greener, if ever there was one

Hope you lot go down next year......will be a case of who goes down first though, the club or your Owner ....lol
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Terry, Cole.

so only 7
Eh? First, both Carrick and Hargreaves will probably play. Second, there is Ashley Cole and Joe Cole...what about Lampard...with Sean Wright-Phillips as a possible sub, there could be 11 excluding Giggs and Fletcher, who are British...
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:01 pm
Hammer for Life

Eh? First, both Carrick and Hargreaves will probably play. Second, there is Ashley Cole and Joe Cole...what about Lampard...with Sean Wright-Phillips as a possible sub, there could be 11 excluding Giggs and Fletcher, who are British...
Hargreaves is Canadian !!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Carrick and Hargreaves is highly unlikely.
Vidic will be back so Wes Brown will move to right-back

we were talking starting line-ups.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

Hargreaves is Canadian !!
If he is eligible to play for England then I don't give a hoot where he was born. Half our so-called cricket team were born overseas too I suspect. Which reminds me, the footy season ends soon...help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.