Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Champions League Final then...

Champions League Final then...

Old May 1st 2008, 4:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Champions League Final then...

....all english, Man U v Chelsea,

by christ that's going to be some game

Old May 1st 2008, 4:34 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Champions League Final then...

Originally Posted by Spugsy
....all english, Man U v Chelsea,

by christ that's going to be some game

Loved it this morning.... Platini asked if he thought that English 'domination' was a good thing...

He goes on to point out that there have been all Italian finals, all Spanish finals, etc.......

Just waiting for someone to hark back to '66 and my preconceptions will have been fulfilled by the English media!!!!

Old May 1st 2008, 4:50 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Loved it this morning.... Platini asked if he thought that English 'domination' was a good thing...

He goes on to point out that there have been all Italian finals, all Spanish finals, etc.......

Just waiting for someone to hark back to '66 and my preconceptions will have been fulfilled by the English media!!!!

it is pretty good that there were 3 english teams in the last 4 though,

and even rangers seem to do quite well these days, so there must be something up.
Old May 1st 2008, 4:56 am

it is pretty good that there were 3 english teams in the last 4 though,

and even rangers seem to do quite well these days, so there must be something up.
For the first time on a long, long time, we had 3 teams in Europe after Hogmanay, my team included... Have to admit, hope Bayern beat Rankers, if they make it, would hate for them to beat the team that put the 'famous Aberdeen' out.....
Old May 1st 2008, 5:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

For the first time on a long, long time, we had 3 teams in Europe after Hogmanay, my team included... Have to admit, hope Bayern beat Rankers, if they make it, would hate for them to beat the team that put the 'famous Aberdeen' out.....
you celtic then?
Old May 1st 2008, 5:42 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Given the Russian mafia connections at Chelski, it would take a minor miracle for them to lose in Moscow...watch out Ronaldo when you cross the road!
Old May 1st 2008, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Should be a good game. Will be very different from the league match last week.

I think we have enough to beat them.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
My money is on MUFC for the Premiership and CFC for the Champions League...
Old May 1st 2008, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/eu...on-818752.html
Old May 1st 2008, 6:13 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

could easily go either way
Old May 1st 2008, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
My money is on MUFC for the Premiership and CFC for the Champions League...
I just hope that CFC walk away with nothing. I suspect you are right though, ManYoo still in the driving seat for the title - they 'only' have to win the next two games and GD decides it.

As for the European Cup, it will be a fascinating game. I'd love the Manx to win it ( always had a soft spot for them since being a kid ), and do the double over Chelsea. I think though they will battle hard for it and push ManU all the way, they certainly have the quality to win it.

I was impressed with Drogba last night,his two strikes were superb finishing. In the past I've always slagged him off,but the boy done well.

I personally think its great that its an all English final and there were 3 teams in the last four. In Ronaldo and Torres,we have two of the most exciting players to watch at the moment.

Its still not as exciting as watching Division Four football though....
Old May 1st 2008, 6:41 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yet again
Old May 1st 2008, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by shiva
yet again
Should we start a sweep????

Oi, Inse, you are the poll guru, set one up for how long it'll take for '66 to be mentioned....lol
Old May 1st 2008, 6:45 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Russian for football fans

Food and drink

"Four bottles of Baltika and a portion of shashliki please – hold the polonium."

"Chetyire butylku Baltiku i portsiya Shashlik pozhalsta – polonium nyet."

Old May 1st 2008, 6:45 am

you celtic then?
:curse::curse::curse:

I, sir, am a sheepshagger, and proud of it...!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.