Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Champions League Final then...

Wikiposts

Champions League Final then...

Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League Final then...

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Loved it this morning.... Platini asked if he thought that English 'domination' was a good thing...

He goes on to point out that there have been all Italian finals, all Spanish finals, etc.......

Just waiting for someone to hark back to '66 and my preconceptions will have been fulfilled by the English media!!!!

there has never been 3 Spanish or 3 Italian teams in the CL semi finals.

Platini is a typical French Anglophobe. and also seems to follow the Blatter style dictatorship approach to running a football association.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Should we start a sweep????

Oi, Inse, you are the poll guru, set one up for how long it'll take for '66 to be mentioned....lol
but this is club football, nowt to do with '66. Why would anyone mention it?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
and the match kicks off just before midnight - eh?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
but this is club football, nowt to do with '66. Why would anyone mention it?
better to mention Wembley 68 and Nou Camp 99.
My father went in 68 and I went in 99. Won't be able to keep up that tradition this time
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:03 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Should we start a sweep????

Oi, Inse, you are the poll guru, set one up for how long it'll take for '66 to be mentioned....lol
no point we all know they will, they always do.
The mearset glimer of English success and all we hear about is English domination of whatever....blah...blah bloody blah.

66 was quite some time ago, so long that half the team are now dead. Ok Scotland hasnt won much but with a population 1/10 of Englands you wouldnt expect us to.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice if "all-English final" meant mostly English players, but what the heck..... not a fan of either team so I'm hoping for a win for the one with the most English players - which must be Manchester United.

However I'm going to make a very early prediction - both teams will be so afraid that a 'sillly mistake' could cost them the match that it will be played in a atmosphere of caution......... a dull distracted 0-0 after 90m - but which will come to life in extra-time........

And let's not forget that, if it weren't for that nice John Aarne Riise having a brain-death right at the end last week, LFC would now be going through on away goals.....

Last edited by The Dean; Apr 30th 2008 at 7:07 pm. Reason: ET
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shiva
The mearset glimer of English success and all we hear about is English domination of whatever....blah...blah bloody blah.

66 was quite some time ago, so long that half the team are now dead. Ok Scotland hasnt won much but with a population 1/10 of Englands you wouldnt expect us to.
we don't expect you to
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:10 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
....all english, Man U v Chelsea,

by christ that's going to be some game

I hate Chelsea with a passion, so am glad they got to the final....., so Man U can beat them with Tevez (a Hammer anyway !) scoring the winner.....and so 25,000 heartbroken scumbag Chelsea fans have a miserable trip home.

"Up your arse, up your arse, stick the blue flag up your arse, from Stamford Bridge to Upton Park, stick the blue flag up your arse"
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

:curse::curse::curse:

I, sir, am a sheepshagger, and proud of it...!!!!
So you are Welsh?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I hate Chelsea with a passion, so am glad they got to the final....., so Man U can beat them with Tevez (a Hammer anyway !) scoring the winner.....and so 25,000 heartbroken scumbag Chelsea fans have a miserable trip home.

"Up your arse, up your arse, stick the blue flag up your arse, from Stamford Bridge to Upton Park, stick the blue flag up your arse"
do they have 25,000 fans?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I remember watching them beat Leeds 3-1 at The Bridge in a crowd of 58,000 when Peter Osgood, John Hollins, Alan Clarke and Norman Hunter were playing
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shiva

what the bollocks are you on about? this is club football, both teams full of foreigners, its not the same in the slightest,

get that chip off your shoulder.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

OK.........

A quick opinion poll/sweep thingy..........

"How many English or England-qualified players will be in the starting 22?"

I say 8......... how say you?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:28 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I know it was a gross exagerration....

This is what really pisses me off with Chelsea....they always were a small London club. When I was a kid, living in London you never, and I mean never saw any kid in a Chelsea shirt. I went to school with 300 boys and not one can I remember was a Chelsea fan

The yo-yo'd between the 1st and 2nd divisions constantly, and had a shite ground / pitch. Their attendances were 15,000 / 16,000 a week at best.

Abramovich comes along and saves them from extinction at the 11th hour, and I honestly have no problem with that or the amount of money they have spent or success they have had

What really "gets my goat" is that if you go to the ground it is so commercial / so corporate, there are fans there, who wouldnt have touched them with a barge pole years ago, and who know **** all about the club or its history, they are just attracted to them because of the big name players

They will NEVER be a big club, no matter what Peter Kenyon tries to tell you, because on a "support" level in London and surrounding areas, let alone elsewhere they are way behind Arsenal, Spurs, & West Ham

Its not a jealousy thing at all....good luck to them

I know that I go to West Ham as a life long fan, I dont expect them to win a trophy or get to a final, I go to to watch attractive football (dont always get it mind you !), and I sit next to the same people I have sat next to for years and who's father's sat there before them.....I cant imagine there are many "life long Chelsea fans" over Stamford Bridge !
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
I remember watching them beat Leeds 3-1 at The Bridge in a crowd of 58,000 when Peter Osgood, John Hollins, Alan Clarke and Norman Hunter were playing
40,000 away fans (scum away fans it has to be said)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.