CBB

Old Sep 3rd 2018, 6:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default CBB

So I know I'll get slaughtered by the usual "it's a load of shit and if you watch it you're an idiot" comments but such is, it's a stupid thing to be offended by, so I'll continue.

Anyone watching it?

I always used to enjoy Big Brother before it had to go too wild, wacky and weird. Last year we watched the Celebrity Big Brother for the first time and enjoyed it, so we're watching it this year too.

For those that haven't seen, don't care and hate it or have just missed it....there's been quite a story in the last few days.

In short, Ryan Thomas (I think) didn't touch Roxanne Pallett, if he did it was akin to blowing gently on her. However, in pretending to be a boxer (you can find the clip online or twitter etc) near her as a show of childish affection, she decided to be fine, then in agony.
She spun a wonderful story, used words like 'assault' and 'pain' to describe it and even slept in a separate bedroom because she didn't feel comfortable sharing the communal room with such a monster.
So it went on, probably 2-3 days.
Fortunately, it all got too much for her and she left when the other housemates cottoned on....if he was still in the house, he can't have actually been violent can he?
Unfortunately, she snuck out the back door leaving a web of lies, bullshit and shame. Although I'm sure some big money TV interviews will come to try and spin it again.

Whilst this has been hilarious to watch, what's not been hilarious has been Ryan having to endure a couple of days almost ostracised and looked at like a woman beater by some. Unfortunately for him he had no idea the rest of the world were screaming at their TVs that he's fine.

I spent a while on twitter in the aftermath and it's no surprise she's deleted all social media. I felt sorry for her briefly, but then you kind of reap what you sow don't you?

What's super disgusting about it is not only the way she's made him totally crumble and feel atrocious but that she's figuratively slapped all men and women int he face who have ever faced any physical or mental abuse. Horrific to belittle such a topic in the way she did.

I'm sort of astounded they let it continue and aired it, but when she went in asking to leave they didn't argue, they just sort of let her. Unfortunately she knew the reception she'd get when leaving having heard people in the crowd outside chanting 'Get Roxy Out'. Not a nice thing to hear but the reaction Ryan gave at hearing it was one of the purest bits of emotion you can imagine. Sheer joy at finding out he wasn't hated, vilified or being strung up on the outside.

Mental television, genuinely mental. Worth catching up on if you're interested in being amazed at humans.

Here's the 'punch' on the fail.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 11:36 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CBB

Don't watch it. Before it started I saw a list of the people on it. Realised I didn't know who any of them were.

I get the impression they're minor celebrities. Doesn't really hold much interest for me.

Been watching a lot of Gordon Ramsay with my kids recently instead. They find the swearing quite amusing which I find funny.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

I did like a story today where someone said she had accused someone of trying to drown her, he had apparently passed her a glass of water!!
And no I will not be watching it !
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

I did like a story today where someone said she had accused someone of trying to drown her, he had apparently passed her a glass of water!!<br />And no I will not be watching it !
Old Sep 8th 2018, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

I'm watching it Scamp, I don't like reality TV at all but I find BB a really interesting social experiment!

This series has been a real eye opener and thank goodness the cameras were there otherwise Ryan's career would be over.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 5:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Ditzy
I'm watching it Scamp, I don't like reality TV at all but I find BB a really interesting social experiment!

This series has been a real eye opener and thank goodness the cameras were there otherwise Ryan's career would be over.
Hallelujah.

Terrifying isn't it. It was a perfect example of someone telling the same lie repeatedly and believing it more and more with every moment.

Cracking series though. Hardeep started as a genuinely thought provoking, interesting type but I'm chuffed he's gone. Arrogant and antagonistic.