Wikiposts

Car hire uk

Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Blazeaway will become famous soon enoughBlazeaway will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car hire uk

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all
I usually use hertz when I am in the uk but my last 3 experiences have been somewhat crap - cars breaking down, flat tyre withing 15 minutes of leaving the airport, rude service etc so I am looking for a new car hire company. I normally pick up at Gatwick so need them to have a branch there. Any recommendations?

Thanks

KC
Given up on mainstream car hire companies, I usually fly to Heathrow and use a small firm from Luton who meet you at arrivals take you to your car at short term car park and wave you off. When returning you rock up at drop off and they load you luggage on a trolley and wave you off.

Saves loads of time.

Usually get a new Audi A4 or A6 for less than mainstream companies and save loads of time.
Really recommend them. They do cheaper as well!

Other advantage is I usually drop off at 6am with no problem.

Traffic Self Drive and contact Paul

Last edited by Blazeaway; Sep 30th 2013 at 8:06 am.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blazeaway
Given up on mainstream car hire companies, I usually fly to Heathrow and use a small firm from Luton who meet you at arrivals take you to your car at short term car park and wave you off. When returning you rock up at drop off and they load you luggage on a trolley and wave you off.

Saves loads of time.

Usually get a new Audi A4 or A6 for less than mainstream companies and save loads of time.
Really recommend them. They do cheaper as well!

Other advantage is I usually drop off at 6am with no problem.

Traffic Self Drive and contact Paul
Just looked. They're 123 GBP more than Hertz for a similar car and for the same time period.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

used a smal hire car firm from Gatwick once. After I returned the car they tried to take about 300 quid from my Credit Card in payments of GBP20 at time over a week.

referred it to my Bank and was refunded.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Woods in the past - not too sure on current pricing though but worth getting a quote.

http://www.woods.co.uk/