Car hire uk

Old Sep 29th 2013, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car hire uk

Hi all
I usually use hertz when I am in the uk but my last 3 experiences have been somewhat crap - cars breaking down, flat tyre withing 15 minutes of leaving the airport, rude service etc so I am looking for a new car hire company. I normally pick up at Gatwick so need them to have a branch there. Any recommendations?

Thanks

KC
Old Sep 29th 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car hire uk

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all
I usually use hertz when I am in the uk but my last 3 experiences have been somewhat crap - cars breaking down, flat tyre withing 15 minutes of leaving the airport, rude service etc so I am looking for a new car hire company. I normally pick up at Gatwick so need them to have a branch there. Any recommendations?

Thanks

KC
Enterprise get my vote
Old Sep 29th 2013, 4:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all

Thanks

KC
Go on Arguscarhire.co.uk and pick whoever is cheapest.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

enterprise for me
Old Sep 29th 2013, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend Enterprise too... but they will probably give you a daewoo when you ask for a Vauxhall.

The tip to overcome these unwanted swaps is to order a diesel -- the crappy manufacturers don't make them so you will get what you ordered. I had a 308 diesel last summer and it was great.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I recommend Enterprise too... but they will probably give you a daewoo when you ask for a Vauxhall.

The tip to overcome these unwanted swaps is to order a diesel -- the crappy manufacturers don't make them so you will get what you ordered. I had a 308 diesel last summer and it was great.
Kia make diesels......but don't panic, I got a new Kia Cee'd as a hire car last Christmas and it was a great little car, felt as well put together as a Golf, and came with all the nice toys that would be missing in a Golf hire car, such as Sat Nav, reversing camera etc etc. Drove well too.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

gotta say i like enterprise. ordered a focus estate and was handed a brand new volvo xc90. was happy with the swap
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

I've always used Sixt Car Rental. But that was mainly when I was under 25 and they didn't charge any surcharge so I have just kept loyal really
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
I've always used Sixt Car Rental. But that was mainly when I was under 25 and they didn't charge any surcharge so I have just kept loyal really
This Xmas is my first trip back aged 25. Can't wait.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
This Xmas is my first trip back aged 25. Can't wait.
It was rubbish being under 25 they would only really let you have a small car. I went camping in the Lake District last time I was back so needed a much bigger car so being over 25 helped a lot.

Another Christmas in Dubai for me I think.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
It was rubbish being under 25 they would only really let you have a small car. I went camping in the Lake District last time I was back so needed a much bigger car so being over 25 helped a lot.

Another Christmas in Dubai for me I think.
I've just looked, to get anything above a Ka will cost me 300 quid for 8 days.

**** that. I'll be on the bloody train again, suppose the upside is I can have a warm can of Stella.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob
Kia make diesels......but don't panic, I got a new Kia Cee'd as a hire car last Christmas and it was a great little car, felt as well put together as a Golf, and came with all the nice toys that would be missing in a Golf hire car, such as Sat Nav, reversing camera etc etc. Drove well too.
ah, but Kia are good cars. It's the Daewoos rebadged as Chevys you want to avoid.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Ive usually booked through http://www.rhinocarhire.com/

most times its been as car from Enterprise but at a cheaper price
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a Hertz booked for next week. Cat C, so Focus or similar for 13 days for 182 GBP. Bargain!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

avoid atlaschoice at all costs, utter crap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.