Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

British sports coaches are to stand trial in Dubai over the death of a five-year-old

British sports coaches are to stand trial in Dubai over the death of a five-year-old

Old May 18th 2016, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

michelle_wilson26 is an unknown quantity at this point

This was a camp which alot of sports companies hold when schools are on vacations. There is no excuse for this child to of suffered this tragedy. The company should be not able to continue to teach swimming. PERIOD.....

Well they do have capital punishment here in Dubai.

Why is it that one person cannot leave yet the women Narvelle was able to leave the country?

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 18th 2016 at 9:19 pm. Reason: Posts merged, pls don't keep posting to bump threads.
Old May 18th 2016, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British sports coaches are to stand trial in Dubai over the death of a five-year-

Accepting responsibility for your own actions is a novel idea in the Gulf. Blaming others when things go wrong is common though. Go figure. The resignation of accepting "The Will of God" seems hard to find.
Old May 18th 2016, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

michelle_wilson26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British sports coaches are to stand trial in Dubai over the death of a five-year-

That's their job to keep the kids safe. They are responsible.
Old May 19th 2016, 4:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I would be careful what you say with such an obvious username...?
Old May 19th 2016, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I would be careful what you say with such an obvious username...?
Indeed. I googled the username as I thought it was mini's old swimming coach ... (mich the fish as we called her). Anyway, it wasnt, although the flikr account I found of the poster was quite interesting
Old May 19th 2016, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Indeed. I googled the username as I thought it was mini's old swimming coach ... (mich the fish as we called her). Anyway, it wasnt, although the flikr account I found of the poster was quite interesting
Had a look at her Facebook profile and she looks about as actively sporty as me And pictures of other people's small children in bathing suits with no privacy settings. I bet her account settings will change along with her name very shortly.

Last edited by Kim67; May 19th 2016 at 6:38 am.