Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Is Britain really united?

Is Britain really united?

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:35 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Britain really united?

Originally Posted by ctfc
Comes after ME
Realises what a stupid thing that was to write and waits for the inevitable...
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

You are so easily distracted!

I have my answer,re "Is Britian United?"."No",it would seem from the posts here.

I had to add,this is all so funny,that the people who have put down peoples from the other parts of the U.K come on an ex Pats site.

Nothing Patriotic about these cruel remarks.

Last edited by VivDee; Jun 22nd 2010 at 1:45 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:47 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VivDee

I have my answer,re "Is Britian United?"."No",it would seem from the posts here.

I had to add,this is all so funny,that the people who have put down peoples from the other parts of the U.K come on an ex Pats site.

Not cruel... it's a BE forum...nowt wrong with a little badinage or persiflage amongst posters from different parts of the UK....at least we can laugh at ourselves.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it a very english thing to moan about everything and say you hate everyone?

I'd say I'm very patriotic, proud to be British -love Irish, Scottish and Welsh men, its a beautiful country with a few problems but all said I love it!

God save our Gracious Queen dadadadadadadadaaaadadaaa God save our Queen lalalalalaaaa God save the Queen
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I think the people on this forum are very patriotic but they are able to laugh and make fun of their fellow country men and government/politics and any other country/nation that is making a tit of itself.

Is any country or region united?

Do New Yorkers like Texans?

Londoners or Southerners dislike people from the North. People from Dublin make fun of people from the West of Ireland. Jamaicans don't like Trinidadians, Lebanese hate Syrians, it goes on and on and on.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Isn't it a very english thing to moan about everything and say you hate everyone?

I'd say I'm very patriotic, proud to be British -love Irish, Scottish and Welsh men, its a beautiful country with a few problems but all said I love it!

God save our Gracious Queen dadadadadadadadaaaadadaaa God save our Queen lalalalalaaaa God save the Queen
Its not just a British thing to moan, the Irish love to moan, more so when they have had a glass or two, then they cry and have a fight and a great night was had by all
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 2:58 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Its not just a British thing to moan, the Irish love to moan, more so when they have had a glass or two, then they cry and have a fight and a great night was had by all
You forgot the singing, have to do the singing
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You're joking, right, Meow? Before coming out here a year-and-a-half ago I worked in UK for 10 years for various big companies--the standard of literacy displayed there was appalling, with not only a total uncomprehension of the rules of grammar but also widespread use of unidiomatic phrases.
Too right,,, I believed the best came out here and i left all that back in the UK but like you .... SHOCKING....
Next thread...DO the English really know ENGLISH
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ctfc
You forgot the singing, have to do the singing
hee hee you're right, that's just before the fight...
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:17 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

It's part of our national psyche to rip the shit/shite out of each other.

And let's face it, there would be an awful lot less sex if we were just nice to each other. Taking the piss is a huge part of the the mating game. God knows how other nationalities get each other in the sack...
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:10 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
It's part of our national psyche to rip the shit/shite out of each other.

And let's face it, there would be an awful lot less sex if we were just nice to each other. Taking the piss is a huge part of the the mating game. God knows how other nationalities get each other in the sack...
AED 500, allegedly.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Judging from this and various other posters new to this part of the bored (sic) schools finish for the summer in mid-June in some places. So many of these posts sound like a bunch of whiny teenagers.

Cruel remarks? Don't be daft. It's called banter and is humorous to adults with a balanced outlook.

-
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Cruel remarks? Don't be daft. It's called banter and is humorous to adults with a balanced outlook.

-
I'm perfectly balanced. I've got a chip on both shoulders.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:13 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Judging from this and various other posters new to this part of the bored (sic) schools finish for the summer in mid-June in some places. So many of these posts sound like a bunch of whiny teenagers.

-
Agreed...that's what I said in post #63...but should have used plain English like you.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Agreed...that's what I said in post #63...but should have used plain English like you.
I suspect thse people need short simple words...

Edit> forgot to say - you awful Scottish person

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.