Bribery

Old Jun 19th 2012, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bribery

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Did you learn English (as per usual) from an Indian?
No, that's just one of my more annoying pet phrases. I picked it up from The Pickwick Papers and it stuck.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:06 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bribery

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
They may not be taking 50 quid to look the other way for a speeding fine but after all the leaks to the press, cases of fitting people up, battering the odd innocent I wouldn't be making your claim.
8500 corruption complaints last 3 years apparently (not saying they are all proved btw, as the referral rate is low)
http://i.imgur.com/kua1r.png
No doubt corruption is everywhere but we rarely allow it to be a crippling issue and are more subtle about it.

Oh, and these figures are alleged corruption...not actual convictions. We still have the old pesky innocent until proven guilty thing in Britain. I seriously doubt the British police would ask the government for increased pay to stop them being tempted to sell weapons and give access to control rooms as the original article seemed to suggest.

N.