Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Book Sale may have cost me a lot of money :(

Book Sale may have cost me a lot of money :(

Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Book Sale may have cost me a lot of money :(

Some nice w@nker drove into my car in the Lakes club car park badly scratching the rear bumber and cracking the paint on top of the bumper.

Security searched the car park and found a car that looks like it did it (from the damage on its bumper) Reported it to the plod and went to Jebel Ali police station. They called the owner of that car and I am now waiting for him to turn up there so the Police can call me to go back (he told the he couldnt go for at least 2 hours). Bet I end up with a pink slip on this!

this is no criticism of the book sale which was great and a very worthy cause!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:31 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Book Sale may have cost me a lot of money :(

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Some nice w@nker drove into my car in the Lakes club car park badly scratching the rear bumber and cracking the paint on top of the bumper.

Security searched the car park and found a car that looks like it did it (from the damage on its bumper) Reported it to the plod and went to Jebel Ali police station. They called the owner of that car and I am now waiting for him to turn up there so the Police can call me to go back (he told the he couldnt go for at least 2 hours). Bet I end up with a pink slip on this!

this is no criticism of the book sale which was great and a very worthy cause!
Wasn't done there mate, if you mean the nasty black mark on the rear left. It was like that when you drove in. Didn't mention it because I thought you already knew. Definitely not down to the owner at the Lakes club I'm afraid.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Wasn't done there mate, if you mean the nasty black mark on the rear left. It was like that when you drove in. Didn't mention it because I thought you already knew. Definitely not down to the owner at the Lakes club I'm afraid.
Oh right cheers!
some B@stard must have done it at the airport or in Choitrams this morning then!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

oh lol....I mean that's not funny but it did make me laugh
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh lol....I mean that's not funny but it did make me laugh
you are so nice!
means I screwed then. trying to call the plod to stop the other guy going!
guess I still need a green/pink slip so i can get it repaired!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

you are so nice!
means I screwed then. trying to call the plod to stop the other guy going!
guess I still need a green/pink slip so i can get it repaired!
yeah...nice is my middle name...
be happy Coxy saw it though...the owner of the other car who hasn't done it won't be too pleased if he's having to come over for nothing...
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:53 pm

Well, someone hit mine yesterday too. I was in it at the time, and he was a local. Thought it would be grief when I was told to go to the cop shop on my own. Emirati was aksed to attend as well and sure enough, 10 minutes later he arrived. Got my green slip, apology from him and the RTA guy as well as a very smart salute! Very bizarre, but not a bad experience in all.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

Well, someone hit mine yesterday too. I was in it at the time, and he was a local. Thought it would be grief when I was told to go to the cop shop on my own. Emirati was aksed to attend as well and sure enough, 10 minutes later he arrived. Got my green slip, apology from him and the RTA guy as well as a very smart salute! Very bizarre, but not a bad experience in all.
good...and so it should be
do you have a lot of damage...
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

not sure now if I need to do anything about it now or can I just take it to get repaired?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So you happen to go looking for damage on other people's cars before parking your own car? Yours isn't black with a scratch near the bumper by any chance?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

some twat opened their door onto mine at the Lakes last week and took a nice chunk out the side of it!!!

thanks for coming today it is really appreciate and it was great to meet you all!!!

money update on other thread
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right cheers!
some B@stard must have done it at the airport or in Choitrams this morning then!
you nob!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by MataHari
good...and so it should be
do you have a lot of damage...
No couple of scratches and a dent on the rear quarter panel, nothing serious.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

www.thedentmasters.com
800 DENT

BC
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
they only do paintless repairs so not good if the knock has taken off any paint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.