Boko Haram Girls

Old Mar 20th 2017, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boko Haram Girls

Originally Posted by jam25mack
And what evidence do you have for such a statement? That's right.... none! Not one little snippit!

I see we have reached the if in doubt make something up stage!

Just because someone says something about a different race does not make it racist!

I don't need to, I got it the first time round thanks. Maybe it should be you who re-reads the thread once you've removed your everyone's a racist glasses. Your opinions that Caucasians are the root of all evil and that we should constantly atone for the sins of our fathers (read great great grandfathers) is nothing short of tiresome.
Tiresome being the operative word.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 10:56 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
☝️ This! Thank you!
If the word inherently is replaced by 'culturally inclined', would that soothe some people?
I guess there will always be a certain type of people who look at the larger picture and know that some things take a long time to change. For Africa to change, for the better, it should have been left alone a long time ago but it wasn't. So compared to other continents, in my opinion, it has a much higher violence per capital figure, in this day and age, if compared with other continents, again I repeat, in this day and age. And that was the point I was trying to make. I don't think it was a racist point to make, it was just a statement of fact. Do I know that they are mostly blacks in Africa? Ofcourse! But had I said the word 'blacks', I would have been given death by bazinjo by the entire bored
So I tried to use a word which is the most acceptable, atleast I thought so.
Btw here's another observation based on life experience and a bit of history reading, Pathans are also 'culturally inclined' to violence. And that is the main reason that when wahhabism met the Pathans, the Mujahideen and then the Taliban formed. Perfect blend of male patriarchal culture given free reign by religion to do what you want. Does that mean all pathans are violent? No. But it does mean that there are some subtle cultural undertones when a male is brought up which he feels he MUST do if a line has been crossed. Again, very very similar to most young males brought up in that part of the world, namely Africa, which incidentally has blacks, mostly
Sorry for the wall of text, time to listen to some Pink Floyd!
Thank you for this. I guessed - hoped - that is what you meant and I agree by and large. Similarly Irish people have been accused of being violent - something to do with a greedy aggressive neighbour violently interfering in our affairs for centuries.

My issue - for the fourth time - was with the use of the word "inherent". This is the Oxford dictionary definition:

inherent
adjective
1Existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.

So that reads that there is something about Africans which makes them intrinsically more prone to violence, easily read as biologically or genetically. That, I think you might agree, would be a racist assertion. I did ask if that was really what you meant and you said it was.

You have kindly since clarified that it is not what you intended it to mean. "Culturally inclined" and "inherently" are two completely different things.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 11:09 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
But the point is that it happens with such regularity in Africa as opposed to other continents!
In Africa social structures of very dispersed societies were severely destroyed by colonial interference and the colonisers then withdrew leaving the mess to the locals. Africa has had 50 years by and large to run itself so much of the blame for the subsequent decay is down to Africans, or more particularly the governing class in most African countries. However, even a casual reading of the history of most of the continent shows how European interference did the most fundamental damage possible - mostly inadvertently but that was the outcome. Africa was not an especially violent place before the Europeans interfered.

Similarly in the Americas and Australia indigenous societies were undermined and usurped but in those places the colonisers stayed and basically supplanted the destroyed local societies who now only exist on the margins.

If you want to believe that Africa and Africans somehow inherently have a greater propensity to violence then I guess little that I have to say will change your mind. I would just ask you to consider that there is a much more rational explanation in history.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 11:16 am
...we killed the flame

Irony alert:

I have reached the if in doubt make something up stage!

Your opinions that Caucasians are the root of all evil and that we should constantly atone for the sins of our fathers (read great great grandfathers) is nothing short of tiresome.

And what evidence do I have for such a statement? That's right.... none! Not one little snippit!
Fixed that for you.

Oh, and by the way:
"Just because someone says something about a different race does not make it racist!"
If that something is a negative characteristic (such as being inherently violent) attributed entirely to their "race", then is the very DEFINITION of racism.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 11:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Similarly Irish people have been accused of being violent - something to do with a greedy aggressive neighbour violently interfering in our affairs for centuries.
I hate the Welsh too.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I hate the Welsh too.
I quickly coming to the conclusion I hate the Irish....
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Irony alert:

Fixed that for you.

Oh, and by the way:
"Just because someone says something about a different race does not make it racist!"
If that something is a negative characteristic (such as being inherently violent) attributed entirely to their "race", then is the very DEFINITION of racism.
Ehh, so you allude to the fact that I'm racist and I'm the one making things up....

Your victim mentality is really boiling over now!

Attack attack attack! Chip meet shoulder!
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:31 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I quickly coming to the conclusion I hate the Irish....
You should like us, after giving the English a decent thump in the rugby over the weekend.
Based on the premise that you are a scottisher
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
You should like us, after giving the English a decent thump in the rugby over the weekend.
Based on the premise that you are a scottisher
If that was a decent thump then I hope you lot don't fight anyone who actually hits back.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

You know where the term 'beyond the pale' came from? I'm sure Miss Anne does.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:46 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
If that was a decent thump then I hope you lot don't fight anyone who actually hits back.
True actually, I don't think we got hit back. I think mostly we were hit prior to anyone having a chance to hit or hit back
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:48 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
You know where the term 'beyond the pale' came from? I'm sure Miss Anne does.
It's an expression for anyone who lived outside of Dublin or 'the pale' as it was called.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to believe that Africa and Africans somehow inherently have a greater propensity to violence then I guess little that I have to say will change your mind. I would just ask you to consider that there is a much more rational explanation in history.
In a lot of countries yes, but perhaps we should ask are they more susceptible to be influenced towards this violence instigated by tribal/ dictator influences (Rwanda where chopping off arms/hands was rife, LRA and child soldiers, Darfur genocide etc etc). Poverty is also a main contributor, there are definitely places there where I would not go, and I have been to the worst (Liberia, Sudan, DRC to name a few) as you would be an immediate target for violence against you. Where else in the world to you see necklacing (setting fire to a car tyre when it has been wedged over someone), now that is pretty extreme!!
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

True actually, I don't think we got hit back. I think mostly we were hit prior to anyone having a chance to hit or hit back
We appeared to only want to hurt Sexton, which is pointless because he is more than capable of hurting himself if you leave him alone for 10 minutes.

Shame we just never got going at all. I don't think it was Irish brilliance, I think it was generally a pretty low standard test from start to finish. England being 'really shit' and Ireland being 'alright'.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.....

And.....?

It's an expression for anyone who lived outside of Dublin or 'the pale' as it was called.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.