Billy Ocean

Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:37 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Billy Ocean

The legend Billy Ocean was playing at Irish Village next Thurday but its been cancelled as its dry night! What is the Occasion?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Billy Ocean

According to my calendar it's 'Birth of the Prophet' but not until Saturday. Guess it's moved, like they so often do.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:21 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
The legend Billy Ocean was playing at Irish Village next Thurday but its been cancelled as its dry night! What is the Occasion?
We were booked into The Rib Room next Friday night, they called two days ago to say Friday is the dry night.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the concert was on the night of Friday 3rd. So when did they cancel it coz Radio Coast FM was offering tickets at 5.30pm tonight in a competition? According to my calendar, Sunday 5th is a public holiday, but no idea why.

Last edited by mentalist; Jan 26th 2012 at 2:37 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance of a day off for whatever the occasion?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah last year Valentines day was dry night. Can they really change it that much????????? Or will v day be dry again??

Chris
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_m
Yeah last year Valentines day was dry night. Can they really change it that much????????? Or will v day be dry again??

Chris
I hope so, means I don't have to take the wife out for the anniversary meal!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

All islamic holidays which depend on lunar sightings move back in the calendar by 10/11 days every year.

So what was on February 14th last year will be on Feb 4th this year.

The occasion is Prophet Mohamed's birthday (PBUH) and although it is a birthday, the date is still approximate as it depends on moon sighting.

Islamic holidays are also celebrated from sunset the evening before, until sunset on the day. So the 'dry' night will be from the evening before (expected to be the 3rd) until sunset on 4th. Hence the postponement of the concert.

Holiday from work? Doubtful as it falls on a weekend. But we can hope!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hoping it be dry as it means i get the night off. Oh well another excuse not to pay for dinner .
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

How can they possibly explain that the date of somebody's birthday depends on the sighting of the moon. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:35 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
How can they possibly explain that the date of somebody's birthday depends on the sighting of the moon. Absolutely ridiculous.
But they are using the Islamic calendar and so don't know when a month starts until the moon is sighted. We are currently in the month of Safar and the next month is Rabi'1 due to start on at the next moon sighting. Or something like that.

We have to pretend that science doesn't exist and that no one knows exactly when the moon will wax or wane.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

So is the Billy Ocean + The Christians gig cancelled or not? They are still advertising the event on the radio. Also, the OP said it was on Thursday but it was actually scheduled for Friday or so I believe.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I will try again. So, Rowell, what is your source for saying that the gig has been cancelled? Surely they would have expected the evening to be a dry one before it was organised. What does alcohol have to do with it or is live music also banned on dry nights?
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I will try again. So, Rowell, what is your source for saying that the gig has been cancelled? Surely they would have expected the evening to be a dry one before it was organised. What does alcohol have to do with it or is live music also banned on dry nights?
you sound a bit pompous with your I will try again craic mind, being the super sleuth I am I had a look on the IV website and it's postponed

I think live music is haram too like Ramadan but if it isn't ask yourself why on earth would a pub cancel a gig on a dry night ?

http://www.irishvillage.ae/newsPage?...fullnews&id=26
Old Jan 28th 2012, 10:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

So is the Billy Ocean + The Christians gig cancelled or not? They are still advertising the event on the radio. Also, the OP said it was on Thursday but it was actually scheduled for Friday or so I believe.

Why don't you retrieve a few schekels from Shadya's Dragonmart drawers and bloody phone the radio station yourself to find out....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.