Tennis
16.67%
Something else
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Best Sporting Event in UAE

Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Sporting Event in UAE

Back on topic.......... well done to Bincat for a very good post, especially about the Sevens. That event may have lost some of the intimacy of the old Exiles 'ground' (you couldn't call it a stadium), but the rugby is now world-class - when I first went (2002), Sevens was like house matches at school (quite good fun, a few bits of good play here and there, but basically meaningless).

Now - with all the major nations maintaining full-time professional squads, and fitness levels having risen astronomically, you can genuinely claim that you like going for the rugby itself, not just the 'atmosphere', booze, etc. (As an official I suppose I might be biased, but I don't need to sell you the event as it sells out anyway).

The secondary tournaments - as Northern Lad showed us - are also of a high standard, and I can vouch for the fact that it is by far the favourite tournament (of the whole IRB series) of the players themselves.

And let us not forget the women's IRB tournament (which will be on Thur and Fri - men play Fri and Sat) - again, rugby of the highest standards.

[PS - kick-up-arse for the promoters and advertisers who have been saying the Sevens are on 29 & 30 Nov - the women play on 28 & 29 - very poor advert]
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I don't need to sell you the event as it sells out anyway).
Really, are you sure? I haven't pre bought a ticket for the 7's in about 4 years. Generally you turn up at the gate, get a free one from HSBC, get one at the ticket office or buy one off a tout if there is a queue. In fact the last few time I got one of a tout we haggled and paid less than face value.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Really, are you sure? I haven't pre bought a ticket for the 7's in about 4 years. Generally you turn up at the gate, get a free one from HSBC, get one at the ticket office or buy one off a tout if there is a queue. In fact the last few time I got one of a tout we haggled and paid less than face value.
I work at the event on behalf of the IRB - trust me, I know the ticket situation. If there are any available 'on the day' it is because a block was ordered by one of the hospitality firms and they have returned some.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the 7s... where no one watches the Rugby and is only interesting in getting pissed for free and touching up a pissed bird (or watching them fight).
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Ah, the 7s... where no one watches the Rugby and is only interesting in getting pissed for free and touching up a pissed bird (or watching them fight).
Let me know when you get there, I'll buy you a beer.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I work at the event on behalf of the IRB - trust me, I know the ticket situation. If there are any available 'on the day' it is because a block was ordered by one of the hospitality firms and they have returned some.

HSBC have a number of them available for their premier account holders. If you turn up early you can get one for free, as well as some hospitality benefits and a meet and greet of some sort.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You obviously haven't been for a very long time.......... the accuracy of that description died out in about 2007........ the rugby is now superb, with the players much fitter and faster than in the full XVs version, even at full international level.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously haven't been for a very long time.......... the accuracy of that description died out in about 2007........ the rugby is now superb, with the players much fitter and faster than in the full XVs version, even at full international level.
I went in 2010. I didn't say the rugby wasn't good. I said nobody was watching it.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:42 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Abu Dhabi International Triathlon.

Real sport, real athletes.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:42 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

Whilst i do admire your dedication and loyalty to your own particular sport and its self evident strenuous demands.

I cant help feel that you have become somewhat of an annoying **** with the constant disdain for any other sports.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Whilst i do admire your dedication and loyalty to your own particular sport and its self evident strenuous demands.

I cant help feel that you have become somewhat of an annoying **** with the constant disdain for any other sports.
I did not comment about any other sport?

Anyway, whatever you think. You actually don't know me or anything about the wide array of sports I take part in.

Now plod along
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:11 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Shit for spectators though.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I did not comment about any other sport?

Anyway, whatever you think. You actually don't know me or anything about the wide array of sports I take part in.

Now plod along
This wide array of sports... Running, Swimming and Cycling?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:56 am
banned

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Shit for spectators though.
I'll give you that, the finish line and the swim exit are okay though
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:23 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give you that, the finish line and the swim exit are okay though
Which one of them has the Heineken tent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.