65-70
10.53%
70+
0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

becoming a parent

Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default becoming a parent

Im not preggers dont worry! lol

So Rod Stewart was out and about with child no 7. At the age of 66. Penny is 40 so still later in life but fine.

Im not sure how I feel about this, a man of 66 having a baby- so basically the child at the age of 16 with have a man in his 80s as his father, is that really fair on the children. Is this actually a really selfish decision?

When is too old to have kids? Or perhaps here isnt an age limit?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...uper-cars.html
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:53 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: becoming a parent

I think if you're still able to do all the things parents should do, then fine... no age limit, but I also think you have to think about your legacy and how you can relate to your children (or at least attempt to).

Obviously, celebs are a bit weird in that they may or may not actually be active as parents, defering their kids' upbringing to an entourage of carers... and it's also different if we'd hypothetically talking about first born of youngest of quite a few siblings.

I knew a chap whose mum must have had him when she was around 50 (yes, pushing it, but natural!)... so he got to his teens with parents the age of everyone else's grandparents... and no siblings in between. Needless to say, his parents couldn't relate to anything he was going through and nor could he to them. They lived virtually independent lives in fact... And yes, there's also the fact that he'll probably have to deal with their deaths at a relatively early age.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 3:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: becoming a parent

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Im not preggers dont worry! lol
Fancy a much older man though?

I’m not sure if there is a right time for men to bring a little bundle of such utter misery, discontent, needy, smelly, social life destroying, etc. into their lives. So I’m not sure about too old but 77 is definitely too young to bugger up your life like that.

Look at the benefits of leaving it a few years, you propagate an artificial selection process that weeds out all those doomed to short lives through genetic predisposition and you give your child the gift of a few more years.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: becoming a parent

Children deserve parents who are capable of being around and relating to them. Its nigh on impossible for parents to relate to teenagers (at least in the west), but I think it'd be rare to find a person in their 60's who could relate to and have the energy for a pre-teen. I guess that if the mother's younger then there's a balance.